Hummer HX

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well if Hummer builds this, Toyota's got the FJ Cruiser and Jeep's has the Wrangler that could force other manufactures to reconsider the capabilities of their small SUV's. Which could mean more toys for us!

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
I like it. I probably will buy it. I already wheel Hummers.....what the hell. :D

I like the Fox coil-overs on all four corners and the front and rear lockers, 35" tires stock, and the electronic front sway bar disconnect.

This is a million +, one-off, concept vehicle. I wonder how much will survive through to production.

After the same pics is the GM press release.

http://jalopnik.com/342457/detroit-auto-show-hummer-hx-concept-embargo-totally-fragged

Last edited:
I like it. I probably will buy it. I already wheel Hummers.....what the hell. :D

I like the Fox coil-overs on all four corners and the front and rear lockers, 35" tires stock, and the electronic front sway bar disconnect.

This is a million +, one-off, concept vehicle. I wonder how much will survive through to production.

After the same pics is the GM press release.

http://jalopnik.com/342457/detroit-auto-show-hummer-hx-concept-embargo-totally-fragged

Wow, I hope so too. I love it, mostly because of what it represents.

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Not bad, but how much would change before it made it to the public? Most concepts get watered down so bad in production they are lucky to resemble the original...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Weak... Automakers are trying to make their vehicles appear more capable, yet designing them quite the opposite in some cases. The visibility of new vehicle offerings is so piss-poor IMO, try driving an FJC. To me, visibility in a rig I plan to use off-road is very important...

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket

I like the Fox coil-overs on all four corners and the front and rear lockers, 35" tires stock, and the electronic front sway bar disconnect........

That description sounds just like the in production Jeep JK except the 35s.

It does look cool but not sure that the independent front suspension will perform very well, that is to get the urbanites to buy it for the ride.

It seems the are combining the Wrangler convertible / door removal, the FJ small windows look and Hummer stocky front.

It should push Jeep and Toyota to keep improving their vehicels.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
Extreme........probably not, but compared to everything else out there for the American public right now, this will be up there with the Jeep.

Any success it has with the types of wheelers here, will depend much on what type of aftermarket support it can get. I've been keeping up with this for awhile, and Hummer seems to realize they are gonna need aftermarket support to compete in the off road market.

The H2's and H3's don't really compete with Wranglers price-wise, they compete with Grand Cherokees and Commanders price-wise, and those vehicles are IFS also. The Hummer's now have the engines to compete with those Jeeps, and they have better angle numbers, clearance and gearing also. The Hummer has never really came at the Wrangler before, especially at their price-point.

Jeep Wranglers remain largely unchallenged in the major-manufacturer serious off road arena right now, any real competition should make both brands better in the long-run.

Hx-scene (Small).jpg

Hx1 (Small).jpg

Hx-openback (Small).jpg

Last edited: