Hunt's Debadged RME TJ

Owners Name & City- Hunt, Carmel , NY

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Jeep, TJ 1997

Engine- 2003 5.3L LM7 from a truck, LS1 Oil Pan, ECU re-flashed for 325 HP and 375 Ft lbs of torque,
Sanderson Headers with 2.5” collectors and 3” exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Aluminum radiator with 2 speed Taurus electric fan,

Transmission- TH 350 (recently rebuilt and resealed!) with full manual valve body & engine brake, Summit Racing 12” 2000 RPM stall converter, Art Carr shifter, Spal transmission cool, Advanced Adaptors, deep extra capacity aluminum transmission pan,

T-Case- Advanced AdaptorsAtlas II with 4.3 to 1 ratio, 32 spline outputs front and rear, Roark Fab Atlas mount

Axles- Rear- Dana 60 with 40 spline Mark Williams 1.75” shafts, 5.13 gears, spool and disc brakes, Tera HD diff. cover, Width=62”, 1.5” spacers at both wheels, TeraFlex axle bridge truss,
Front- Tera CRD60, Dodge Kingpin Knuckles with chromo shafts, 5.13 gears, ARB locker, 35 spline outers(not chromo) and Warn Premium hubs, crane diff cover, Width=64”, Full hydraulic steering with single-ended ram, PCS pump and Appleton power steering cooler/reservoir/filter, 83” wide from the outside of the tire to the outside of the tire,

Suspension- TeraFlex longarm LCG for an Unlimited Wrangler, Rear coil buckets have been moved back 11”, wheel base is 104”, 3” of suspension lift, 1” body lift under the tub but not under the radiator shell, TeraFlex Dual Rate S/T swaybar, BTF coil mounting kit, Custom from 3 link with the upper link built using lower components, TeraFlex Belly-Up 1/4” t-case skid plate,

Wheels and Tires- 17”x9” Cragar Soft 8 steel black wheels, 5 total, 3” back spacing, 6 on 5.5 lug pattern, Staun internal beadlocks @ 30 psi, 40x13.5x17 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers DOT compound running 6 psi rear and 8 psi in the front,

Winch- Warn M8000

Body Modifications and Protection- BTF Crusher Corner Comp Cut rear quarter panels with LED rear brake lights, BTF Rocker Protection, Highline hood, Ben Hank’s Racing custom front fender raised for more tire clearance, Custom Ben Hank’s Racing roll cage tied to the frame in 6 places, BTF front bumper with d-rings, BTF winch plate,

Favorite Trails- Hell’s Revenge and Hell’s Gate Moab, UT

Other-Summit Machine aluminum fairlead (I need to get a synthetic rope or switch to a roller fairlead), Orbial battery, Corbeau Ultra SS seats tied to the roll cage, RCI seat harnesses, Custom 15 gallon fuel cell behind the rear seat built by Ben at Alliance Metal Works in SLC with a Napa P5000 pump, Bestop Super Top with soft doors, Bestop Bikini Top, AutoMeter white face Hotrod style gauges,

Attachments

• 100_0057 (Large).JPG
    100_0057 (Large).JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_0064 (Large).JPG
    100_0064 (Large).JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_0090 (Large).JPG
    100_0090 (Large).JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

Hunt

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has gotten in the way and I have been pushing hard to find employment out west. I'll let you know when it all boils down.

Hunt

I already have horrible thoughts running through my head on how to make the jeep go FASTER. Images of coilovers, even coilover and bypasses are dancing in my head.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I was wondering what was next, since it's set up for East-coast wheelin'... with that supercharger. ;) I like the idea of CO's & bypasses! Raise it up a couple inches for more up-travel too.

Hunt

Wohoooo!!! This is going to be fun... :greg:

2.5" 3 tube with remote reservoirs

Picked these up "used". They are the older blue caps not the new black caps but they have never actually been run just used in mock up. I don't mind the blue vs. black Fox stuff. I have 3 blue bumps and one black one because i wrecked one at Big Dogs.

Still need to track down some coilovers but I am in full parts gathering mode. I decided NOT to buy a new/new to me bike and instead put the money in the Jeep and Rhino.

Greg

Admin
What size travel are they? I'm sure the Blues be fine for the TJ...

Probably wise to put your money into the toys you already have, rather than take on another one.

Hunt

What size travel are they? I'm sure the Blues be fine for the TJ...

Probably wise to put your money into the toys you already have, rather than take on another one.
16" and 18". I was looking for 14" and 16" but these came up as a set so I jumped on them. Still may to trade off the 18"s.
I have enough things with tires.

Hunt

I traded my 32' Shadow and a very small amount of $ for this 48' Millennium. The exterior is super nice but the interior is pretty rough. Its has a home made living quarters conversion in the front that was literally plumbed with garden hose. Needs some work but will do quite nicely. Shower and pooper were the main bonus. The KING size bed is still wrapped in plastic.

I am getting ready to tear the jeep down for a rebuild. Not quite sure exactly the shock configuration at this point but coilovers and bypasses on all four corners is the expected end result. I have been talking about doing it for two years and now it's time to shart or get off the pot. The new job is going well and now that the drama of all that is clearing up hopefully I can start to play again soon.

Attachments

• Millennium Trailer 1.jpg
    Millennium Trailer 1.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Millennium Trailer 2.jpg
    Millennium Trailer 2.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 24

Greg

Admin
Very cool, the trailer looks like a fun project... nothing wrong with making it yours and setting it up how you want it! It'll be very nice to have for next years KOH! :cool:

Looking forward to the next step in the TJ's life... sounds like it'll be a massive step up!