HVAC guys, furnace question...

OREGON85

from OREGON
When my furnace thinks it should come on it just makes a clicking sound but nothing happens. I cleaned the flame sensor and that didn't help. What else should I try? The internet doesn't have much on how to trouble shoot/fix your furnace.

zukking01

Does the furnace have a diagnostic LED in the blower compartment?
What year is the furnace? Make, Model?

Not seeing it or having info I would think the clicking is the electronic igniter?
If it is then it is trying to light the gas but not getting any. You may have a bad gas valve.

rambrush

The clicking is the ignitor. More than likely you have a safety switch tripped. Will need to track down which one it is a see if there is current on both sides. usually there is a small button to reset.
The thermo couple is a possibility as well. If there was a problem with transformer you would not normally have power to click.
Speaking of which the gas valves are on? should be one outside and one inside by the metal flex running to the unit.

OREGON85

from OREGON
It seems like cleaning the flame sensor did the trick. I'm not sure I understand why that would fix it. Maybe since it wasn't sensing flame it was trying to reignite it.