HVAC guys?

str8axleguy

Was running a filtrete pleated type had me put in a glass floss. I don’t know return and supply temps, but it said the condenser was running about 38 degrees. House was remodeled and fully insulated to new specs in 2017 with new windows and doors. Nothing has changed that way and it’s worked great up till a few weeks ago. Indoor fan in the furnace was hot to touch and he said bad sign it’s probably not working correctly.

The_Lobbster

Was running a filtrete pleated type had me put in a glass floss. I don’t know return and supply temps, but it said the condenser was running about 38 degrees. House was remodeled and fully insulated to new specs in 2017 with new windows and doors. Nothing has changed that way and it’s worked great up till a few weeks ago. Indoor fan in the furnace was hot to touch and he said bad sign it’s probably not working correctly.
That can indeed cause high motor temp, but a lot of times it’s just a capacitor that needs replaced, once it gets weak the motor draws higher amps causing it to get warm.

I would check to make sure it’s spinning the correct direction, if it’s a universal motor that has reversible direction. I’ve seen them installer wrong before.

str8axleguy

So fan in and out are both spinning correctly, I think something is wrong because it’s been running continuously and temps have gone up 3 degrees since he was here at 11. He checked the condenser and said it was clean, I’m just not sure it’s cold enough to cool the house. It’s 86 outside and 73 inside and it’s been running all day

The_Lobbster

So fan in and out are both spinning correctly, I think something is wrong because it’s been running continuously and temps have gone up 3 degrees since he was here at 11. He checked the condenser and said it was clean, I’m just not sure it’s cold enough to cool the house. It’s 86 outside and 73 inside and it’s been running all day

Hard to say then without throwing gauges on it to see what’s going on. If I was closer I’d be glad to stop by and take a look, but I live in Springville.

The_Lobbster

Ya for sure, thanks for the info, in your opinion should I call someone else and have them check it out?
If the house is that well insulated, it should be keeping up. It is very humid right now, and to cool, you must dehumidify first.

I would try to find a mom and pop shop that’s reputable, they’re usually the cheapest and most honest. Anybody that mass advertises, such as AnyHour, Whipple, etc, will charge up the butt.