hydro assist/oil pan help on a toyota 3.slow

94redtoy

short bus
alright i just installed rock logics 6" ram kit on my 94 3.0. its freakin sweet. rock logic is the shiz. so now i basically have no clearance between my ram and oil pan. the only thing i can think to do is swap oil pans with a rear sump pan. does anyone know what trucks these came on? i have heard 2wd pickups and 2wd t-100's. any help would be sweet. thanks.

DSC00884.jpg
DSC00883.jpg

toyota crawlin

I think your right the 2wd t100's have the pan your lookin 4? If not maby a 3.4 oil pan it's the same block as the 3.0... I don't think you need the shock on there any more. the ram will fix your bump ster... :)

ROCKRUNNER

While looking at your steering setup I noticed that you still have the steering dampener connected, you can now remove it the ram will take its place. Maybe another option is to plate the front of the housing from top to bottom using 3/16" or soo plate. This will allow a strong attachment point for the ram to be mounted on the front side of the axle instead of on the top. However the down side is that it is now in the way of rocks. So you would probably need a skid plate to protect it. How many inches from the ram to the pan is there and how much up travel does your truck have if jumped? If you can find an oil pan fast and cheap that would be awsome as well! :)

Last edited:

94redtoy

short bus
ROCKRUNNER said:
While looking at your steering setup I noticed that you still have the steering dampener connected, you can now remove it the ram will take its place. Maybe another option is to plate the front of the housing from top to bottom using 3/16" or soo plate. This will allow a strong attachment point for the ram to be mounted on the front side of the axle instead of on the top. However the down side is that it is now in the way of rocks. So you would probably need a skid plate to protect it. How many inches from the ram to the pan is there and how much up travel does your truck have if jumped? If you can find an oil pan fast and cheap that would be awsome as well! :)

ok so no steering dampener needed. if i leave it on, will it do anything good/bad/indifferent? i think i might have figured out the oil pan issue. apparently the t-100 3.slow's came with rear sump, so i will be looking into getting one of those. oh yeah and i never plan on jumping my truck. i really dont wanna move the ram yet, ill just look into the getting the new pan. thanks for the insight, and an aswome product and kit!!!

toyota crawlin

94redtoy said:
ok so no steering dampener needed. if i leave it on, will it do anything good/bad/indifferent? i think i might have figured out the oil pan issue. apparently the t-100 3.slow's came with rear sump, so i will be looking into getting one of those. oh yeah and i never plan on jumping my truck. i really dont wanna move the ram yet, ill just look into the getting the new pan. thanks for the insight, and an aswome product and kit!!!
No it will just be there 4 look's..... :)