Hypothetical: 5mp OHV Park

britney

Queen of Chit!!
I think there are some exellent ideas here!!
I am willing to do what I can to get this going, I just don't know what that is. So please keep me "posted"!

harkinoff

something to do...
you have some good ideas here EZ..Money is the huge issue I see. That and the volunteer thing, everyone always has good intentions, but their always seems to be a few bail at the last minute...the other issue would be insurance status on the motocross track, their is always someone trying to earn a free buck for their own stupidity.. Seen this happen back home on a personalized track, even had a waver sign in.....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
moto tracks have to be maintained regularly (like daily) which would mean full time staff.

maybe some moto groups would pitch in to get things going and volunteer time to build/maintain their own track.

Cody

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I like these ideas, especially the part about the Users doing the maintainance/cleanup/building projects.

Having a Fee Area usually requires a BLM or FS officer taking fees, doens't it? I don't know if thats the idea or even a option.

I'd be happy to do all thats possible to make this happen, so EZ if you need anything from RME and I, just say the word!

I have a bunch of motorcycle riding friends I could get to support the idea, plus the Utah Trail Machine Assoc. would probably be willing to help.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Greg
...Having a Fee Area usually requires a BLM or FS officer taking fees, doens't it? I don't know if thats the idea or even a option.

I think that is kind've is the idea. Mabey similar to the one at Little Sahara or Sand Flats road, etc... They usually have staff out there on weekends anyway... weekdays could be a pay yourself, they can do random checks. There are alot of rec. places in Utah that use the self-pay option and it seems like most people are honest and pay the $3-5 that is costs us to keep the facilities there.

A few dollars from each vehicle out there could go a long ways. On a busy weekend I estimate they get between 300-500 vehicles out there, and the middle of the week brings alot of people as well. If each vehicle was paying say $3... that would cover the cost of a bathroom out there pretty quick....

Slowly but surely this plan could be accomplished... :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Yes, five years old, but still a good idea. I know that the new RMP is going to close a lot of the area (like Rattlesnake and Constrictor).
5 Mile Pass is an amazing area that has tons of potential. With the growth to the East, it would be awesome to see something more concrete developed out there. There is so much potential that has barely been tapped.

Why not try to push for an area like Sand Flats in Moab?
Just for quick reference:
http://www.grandcountyutah.net/sandflats.htm

Last edited:

ID Bronco

I will dig on it some. There are ways to make it happen. Our local lions club was given an area for motocross track and dirt oval track. They now own it outright after managing it for a few years. Another option is for the blm to give it to a county or city. Then they can open it as an ohv park. this is preferred by the BLM, but not easy to convincde a county to take responsibility and liability for such an area.