I have a problem.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I have a problem. Mercedes Hot Rod Build

Bought another car. That Volvo was a pile of crap.

I just bought this 1972 220 Friday Night in Casper WY. I've never looking for one for about a month.

This one is a bit Rusty. Most of it is surface. Bit the front right fender has a few holes and the inner firewall on the driver side has a hole.

The rear fenders have some rust. Just surface.

The interior is nearly perfect. Only one crack in the dash.

So Friday night I hooked a trailer up to the back of my Toyota sequoia and made an epic trip to the bowels of Wyoming. My friend went up with me. 12 hours later and many chance experiences with near death we got back home.

Let's just say at one point I was sliding side ways (let's call it drifting so it's cool). If you have not been drifting at 60 mph in a large SUV with a trailer on icy snow covered roads you are missing out. But having the Supreme control that I do. I saved our bacon.

Anyway pictures right.

ODO shows 62K

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Anyway.

I'm going to cut the springs to begin with and then eventually go to air.

Right now, I'd like to get to get it running and fix up the rust issues.

I think the motor dropped a valve. It was running, I even drove it around the neighborhood.

I was going to run down and steam clean the motor before i started working on it more, but as I was backing out of the garage it stopped. I had to push it back in. I can turn it over at the crank about 180 degrees in each direction.

1549393_10151880238825028_248930239_n.jpg

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
So i got tired of screwing with the engine last night. lets face it 56 horsepower is going to be boring. I think it needs a straight 6 with a turbo or a V8. I'm trying to talk my buddy into giving me his motor out of a 1972 Buick he can't seem to get rid of. a 350 might stuff in under hood. I'll go out to the junkyard and look at possibilities.

Since I was bored and this thing was sitting to high in the air, I broke out my grinder and trimmed the front springs.i cut 3 lower coils off each side. Even my wife approved the look.

I'll hopefully get to the back tonight. I did find the driverside shock is blown out. so I'll order some new front shocks.

1523666_10151883101705028_1966036538_o.jpg

Rock Taco

I dont know why as I have never even sat in one of these but I would drive that all day long!

Sorry I'm not any help.

mombobuggy

:greg:A 9 m.m. just barely shoots thru the doors on those cars. 22 s just bounce off. Leaving a small dent. My dad bought one that some Provo D.R. paid a shop 14000 dollars to convert to Chevy 383 power headers four barrel. t.h. 350 etc. I drove the car one time and truthfully it was fun the way old station wagons were fun. Dad drove it for a while and said nothing took speed bumps better but it only got 10 m.p.g. I think they have neat lines sort of like a 55 Chevy.:greg:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
the volvo is going to the crusher.

i got it running for a day. i took it for short spin around the neighborhood and the bottom end seized up. so i'm stripping it of its good bits and selling those. the rest will get recycled. i'm seperating the metal from aluminum, and copper. that way i'll get more money out of it.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
It has a couple problems.

It dropped a valve.

and this stuff called cancer. if anyone wants to donate a welder for the next month while i rebuild, let me know. I should buy one, but I need to finish my basement.

1505183_10151884000595028_539072937_n.jpg

Troop92

the volvo is going to the crusher.

i got it running for a day. i took it for short spin around the neighborhood and the bottom end seized up. so i'm stripping it of its good bits and selling those. the rest will get recycled. i'm seperating the metal from aluminum, and copper. that way i'll get more money out of it.

Sad. Love me some Volvo.

sabatoa1

I think that this would be a great car to through a 1UZ in. It would have good horse power with decent gas mileage, and the swap would be stupid simple if you had a donor car.