I love utah hwy patrol

offroaddave

It's just one term!
so i got pulled over yesterday, doin 80 in a 65.( utah county).
w/ a warning if i would honestly anser within two miles of how fast i was going. ;)
nicest guy ever.
needless to say i'd better slow the hell down ;)

DrMoab

offroaddave said:
w/ a warning if i would honestly anser within two miles of how fast i was going. ;)
nicest guy ever.
good thing you weren't doing 81....then it would have been a ticket!

offroaddave

It's just one term!
DrMoab said:
good thing you weren't doing 81....then it would have been a ticket!

hmmm?
has anyone ever got away w/ 15 over?
I've never got out of any ticket .......... ever . -_-

anyway, I'm slowin the hell down.
those guys have enough to deal with, without having to pull my dumbass over :cool:

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
offroaddave said:
nicest guy ever.

lucky sob :p

offroaddave

It's just one term!
James K said:
lucky sob :p

yea I've become comfortable driving as fast as i like, and I cant be alone, can i?
UHP spends most of there time cleaning up messes, they cant enforce speed limits.
dont get me wrong i like haulin ass & gittin where i'm goin but there trying to help us also :ugh:

Brad J

offroaddave said:
hmmm?

One of the guys that I work w/ only gets a ticket about 10% of the times that he is pulled over. One time he was pulled over going to Vernal going OVER 100 MPH through those twisty canyons on Hwy 40. :ugh: The local Sheriff let him go if he promised to slow down. Well he was pulled over again 30 miles away going over a 100 again and explained to that Sheriff that he had just been pulled over by his buddy in the next town. He let him go. :cool: I don't understand how he does it but I think his bad luck w/ everything else makes up for it. :-\

-Brad J.

MOODY

Bald Guy
I was hit going to Moab just after the lift and tires (speedo off). I have a concealed carry permit that I was told may help a bit when getting stopped for minor traffic violations. I had my firearm, gave the officer my license/permit/etc. and I fully expected a ticket. The officer came back, gave me a warning, and asked me about what type of firearm I had, how I liked it, and asked if I wish I had gotten a glock over the HK, then he told me how he would like to see more people carry. Food for thought. Apparently my CCW instructor was correct, or I got lucky??

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
offroaddave said:
hmmm?

those guys have enough to deal with, without having to pull my dumbass over :cool:

Yes... well, sort of. I got nailed doing a shocking 109 in a Neon of all things, UHP ticketed me for 70 in a 65 because a. my honest shock was read as what it was by the officer, and b. because he had to write me for something for going that fast. So yes, I did not get ticketed for the 39mph in excess of 70 I was doing. On the other hand, no, I got nailed for 5 over. I say the glass was half full on that one. :greg:

harkinoff

something to do...
I grew up in Northern Wyoming, got pulled over doing 138 in a 55, I spent 2 weeks in Jail for that one :eek: The other day I got pulled over for doing 75 in a 60, The HP wrote for 5 over, still cost me 92 bucks, I guess that what we get when they CUT taxes.... They have to pay for that revenue some how...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Brad J said:
I did forget to mention that I know that a 90 in a 75 in WY will cost ya $200 :mad2: Don't ask me how I know. :ugh:
-Brad J.
If you go in and admit guilt to the judge in person they will knock that down to a $35 court cost and probably $45 fine.... and don't aske me how I know!!

Jeeptj98

offroaddave said:
hmmm?

When I was 16 years old I got pulled over on West bound I-215 going 97MPH in a 65MPH zone. The cop had followed me from the 3900 S exit to the Union Park exit with his lights on. He said to me I don't know why I am doing this but I am going to let you go with a warning. I haven't been pulled over since.

81Ramchargerman

harkinoff said:
I grew up in Northern Wyoming, got pulled over doing 138 in a 55, I spent 2 weeks in Jail for that one :eek: The other day I got pulled over for doing 75 in a 60, The HP wrote for 5 over, still cost me 92 bucks, I guess that what we get when they CUT taxes.... They have to pay for that revenue some how...

How did they catch up???

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I was doing 90-100 in a 65 in Lehi today and I saw a cop pointing the radar gun at me, but he never followed me.... Or if he did he couldn't catch up. :rofl: Either way I'm happy. I from SLC to Orem and back about 5 times a week and I at least go 80 the whole way and have never gotten a ticket. I did get a ticket in Beaver for going 90, though. That one sucked.

CJJ92yj

Listening to you all tell your speeding stories makes me want to stay home so I can keep my family safe. I can only imagine the horror one would/should feel if they were to hit some innocent family while doing such excessive speeds. :ugh:

Can't personally say I've ever been so late that I needed that extra 2 minutes of time. Maybe it's worth the risk of killing someone, but I'd rather just set my alarm clock for 5 minutes earlier.

Sorry if this brings down the mood of this thread.

BTW, thanks for slowing down offroaddave.

Last edited:

Jeeptj98

CJJ92yj said:
Listening to you all tell your speeding stories makes me want to stay home so I can keep my family safe. I can only imagine the horror one would/should feel if they were to hit some innocent family while doing such excessive speeds. :ugh:

Can't personally say I've ever been so late that I needed that extra 2 minutes of time. Maybe it's worth the risk of killing someone, but I'd rather just set my alarm clock for 5 minutes earlier.

Sorry if this brings down the mood of this thread.

BTW, thanks for slowing down offroaddave.

Yea your right, That is everyones goal to see if they can hurt some innocent family. :eek: :ugh: I am willing to bet that you speed even if you won't admit it on here. And on a Side note I feel that driving too slow is just as dangerous if not more dangerous for people and their innocent families. Also I have never been late for anything. I am supposed to be at work by 6:00am everyday and I get here around 5:30am. I don't speed all the time just from time to time depending on the flow of traffic.

CJJ92yj

I don't want to be the one to start a pissing match. Not trying for that at all. Just a personal issue with people who think they are above the law I guess. Now I'm not trying to poke at any certain person, just people in general. Maybe it's because I've been through it on the opposing side that I feel this way. Maybe one day some dude is doing 90 on the freeway and for some unknown reason loses control and harms a member of your family. You might hold a grudge too. I pray it never happens to you though.

I don't know everything. I fully admit that. Which is probably why I prefer to err on the side of caution when it concerns the lives of my family, as well as the lives of others.

Sorry if anyone felt personally attacked. My grudges got in the way of a good natured discussion.

BTW, I used to speed a lot, not anymore.

Chad

harkinoff

something to do...
James K said:
what kinda vehicle and for how long did you hold that speed?

That ticket was in old Mach 1 with a 4v clevelend "Boss setup". We were going skiing in South Dakota, running behind, so I was kicking the ole Stang in the ass. We were up and down on speedo. I was never at a steady speed, but yes sometimes I would try wrapping the speedo back to Zero. I did make from Wright to Gillette in 12 minutes though if that is what you call steady...

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
81Ramchargerman said:
How did they catch up???

You can't out run the radio... That and there is no where to run, when you might be the only car on the road for 50-70 miles... It's easier to just pull over and take your lumps :eek: