Wanted I need 2 small 50 - 70cc Dirt bikes for my daughters

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My 8 year old daughter has out grown her JR50. My 7 year old daughter is already to big for the jr50, but has no riding experience yet. She was a late bloomer on her pedal bike and I wont let my kids ride the dirt bike till they master the pedal bike.

So anyways, my 8 year old is ready for a shifter, but maybe not a clutch yet. I still think the jr50 is a perfect bike for her if the frame was a bit bigger. Any thoughts on a good bike for her? If you have one you want to get rid of, please let me know.

My 7 year old is the same height as my 8 year old, but she has lead in her bones. I don't think she would handle a shifter well. She just needs a larger jr50. I have training wheels that we can mount to the new bike when she is ready.

Santa asked me to help him find bikes for them.

I might be willing to trade my jr50 for a bigger bike, but I really want to keep it for my son.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Looking at Pitster's web site, I see a bike that says 70cc in one spot and 49cc on the same page. I wonder what size it really is? Are these good bikes for kids, or are they really designed for adults? Does it matter? Her Jr50 has a seat height of about 18 inches and the pitster says its 23. How do you measure a bike to fit a child? I assume these are Chinese bikes? Are they pretty good, compared to Japans bikes?
Thanks.

STAG

On my grind
They are lesser quality than Honda/Yamaha for sure, but also a lot less price tag. They have a showroom in Lindon you can take your kids there and "test fit". I have the Pitster pro 250 which is a "full size" 250 (21" front wheel, 19" rear) but is a little smaller overall than all of the other 250's. I'm a little smaller person than average ha.

In my experience I say my Pitster pro is every bit worth the cost versus what you get. They use a lot of KTM and Honda interchangeably parts too.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I've been impressed with the pitster pros as well, especially if you're buying new. That being said, I haven't ridden one off road like chocflip

STAG

On my grind
I'll just say; if I had a kid who was learning to ride for fun, and going to wreck often, I would go Pitster pro. If I had a kid who knew how to ride well and wanted to get into motocross, I'd go Honda.

Caleb

If you're not going to stick to the big names (Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki, etc) then go Pitster Pro for sure. They are Chinese made, but are better quality than most of the other Chinese made ones. As mentioned, they are also a local company. When I my kid gets his first bike (maybe Christmas, maybe shortly after) a Pitster will surely be in the running. If I go name brand, I'll probably go KTM if I can find one that fits him.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I enjoy the pw80 we have. I feel like they are very use friendly. But I am partial to the Yamaha 2 strokes.