I need good sound for my TJ!!!!

Im with underdog on cutting to fit bigger speakers. I did that on my TJ. Also some TJ's come with a center counsel that houses a 8" or 10" sub. You wont have as deep of a counsel but I just lost stuff in there anyway. Pick up one of those from a junkyard or buy one from "tuffy" and you should be good.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
addifan said:
My buddy had MB Quartz in both of his Wranglers and it sounded fine. I don't remember what decks he used though.

My friend is running 2 kenwood kfc 1079 ie 4" in the front of his, a pioneer somthing amp running a kicker 12 in the back. It sounds amazing for only 3 speakers, he is in the process of getting a second amp and the infiinity 4" somthing or anothers that are like 50 RMS 150 Peak. His face has sub controlls and it sounds best with the amp gain almost all the way up and the face sub controll at like 3/4. Just get some high quality 4's that can handle power, and get a sub that works in small spaces to fill out the lows.
I'm waiting for my sony 12 xlb thingy and its supposed to sound best in only a 1 CU box, its a small box, and I don't have any room.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
In my CJ, I have my stereo in my virtually break-in proof Tuffy center console. My speakers are in Thor Soundedge speaker boxes, these fit right in front of the rear wheel well and kind of wrap around the bottow of the roll cage bar. Thors fit 6x9s in CJ/YJ, for TJs I think they fit 6.5s. I like them casue it uses dead area that otherwise is empty. They fit great!

I only have 2 speakers and I can hear the tunes over my Flowmaster backed 360, my 37s and no top.

Quadratec.com has all this stuff.

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?SKW=CSJ&HKW=TJ&FNM=10&PAGLEN=10&UID=2004020617075594

Klif01

Do I bother you?
tweakeyjeep said:
KFC? Kentucky Fried Chicken???

XLB... Xtra Large Balls????
Whats a thingy???? :eek:

Model numbers or somewhat close smartass. I didn't have them on hand. kfc1079ie is the kenwoods and the sub is like xlb1200 the 12" non pentagon sub. But its ok theres a place for slow people in heaven too.

J/k
Update though I finally got the sub hooked up and it fills out the sound so good. Mmmmm bass......vibrations.You know I like that kind of stuf.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Klif01 said:
Model numbers or somewhat close smartass. I didn't have them on hand. kfc1079ie is the kenwoods and the sub is like xlb1200 the 12" non pentagon sub. But its ok theres a place for slow people in heaven too.

J/k
Update though I finally got the sub hooked up and it fills out the sound so good. Mmmmm bass......vibrations.You know I like that kind of stuf.

:D I was just messin as you already know. :D

metalry101

R/C addict
Like somebody said earlier, hit up Car Concepts. I drive a Cherokee so I've got different size speakers, but my bro drives a Wrangler. When we talked to Cory (the manager at CC) he suggested JL 6.5" speakers in the sound bar. Also, instead of the 4x6's in the dash, which suck no matter what, he suggested getting two little boxes for 5.25's, or 6.5's and mounting them on the tunnel. I can vouch for JL, it's excellent stuff, and if you want 5.25's, I highly reccomend the Diamond Audio 351i's. They're ultra sexy, come with a 3 year warranty, and pound like hell for 5.25's. The best way to improve the overall sound quality is a deck though. Our '85 XJ w/ a 130 dollar Kenwood, Pioneer 5.25's in front and Alpine 6x9's in rear sounded like **** compared to my '88 XJ w/ the stock speakers and a Pioneer DEH550 deck. Once I added my Diamond Audio speakers it wasn't even funny any more, but the biggest difference was the deck. Invest in a good deck and your stock speakers will sound much much better. Then after you blow the stockers, put aftermarket speakers in. When that's not good enough, amp the speakers, when that's still not enough, you'll find room for a sub. One disclaimer here, be willing to spend money. Just like in everything else, you get what you pay for. My Pioneer deck w/ MP3 and WMA capability and sweet sound cost me 285, and the Diamonds were 150 a pair. You definately don't have to spend THAT much to get good sound, but don't skimp out by going w/ cheap stuff just because it's on sale, you'll regret it later.