I need someone to weld a bit of aluminum

EB101

I need someone to weld a bit of aluminum - any shops recommended?

I knocked a hole in my deep cast aluminum trans pan. About the size of a dime on one of the corners. I need someone to fill it. It doesn't have to be pretty. It just needs to keep the ATF in...

-Steve

Last edited:

thenag

I had a shop that was behind the Desert Star Theater in Murray weld a bell housing for me, seemed to do it right. I thought it was JT welding but I can't seem to come up with the name now.

I welded my block off plate on my np231 range box with aluminum welding rod and a stick welder. Same sort of deal it is not structural just has to hold fluid. I picked up the welding rod at US welding, it was expensive, I think I could have paid someone to weld it for what I paid for the rod. So if you have access to a stick welder you can do it yourself, if you want to risk it.

To do Al properly is supposedly pretty hard, you have to heat it with a torch since the heat won't stay in the weld.

How much is a new trans pan?

nathan
99 xj with stuff

EB101

Thanks! I checked on ebay and they start about 170 shipped.. I am hoping to get away with about a $50 bill.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I can do it if you clean it up and get it to me in Orem, and I can probably do it while you wait to save you a trip.

Last edited:

EB101

I can do it if you clean it up and get it to me in Orem, and I can probably do it while you wait to save you a trip.
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Mike I am going to try and take you up on your offer. It's out and cleaned up. .. Sent you a PM
-Steve