I wanna do the 130mph club....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
http://www.saltflats.com/I30 Club.html

I think this would be a total blast!! I would love to do this on my bike, I know it is capable of 130 as I have done it on a number of occasions but on the salt I know it's a different story altogether. Anyone have any experience with this? I have ridden my bike on the salt flats before but I really took it easy as I was the only person out there.

0517071510a.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'd like to take my Caddy 500 powered hot rod up there once it's done and run it just for the hell of it. I doubt I'd get it over 100, but an opened top car sitting 2" off the ground pushing it's own limits would just be a blast!

I really want to go up for Speed Week & watch the cars run, that'd be a good time. It happens in September... :hickey:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'd like to take my Caddy 500 powered hot rod up there once it's done and run it just for the hell of it. I doubt I'd get it over 100, but an opened top car sitting 2" off the ground pushing it's own limits would just be a blast!

I really want to go up for Speed Week & watch the cars run, that'd be a good time. It happens in September... :hickey:
I thought it was August?:confused:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
It's next weekend! If you guys wanna mob up and go out there, I will be in town until monday!! Lets do it!

I don't know if my bike has the gearing for a sustained 130mph though...I opened it up on the way to vegas and it smacks into the rev limiter at just a hair over 130...I could get in on late entry but I still need to come up with a full leather suit...ahhh horsefeathers!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I thought it was August?:confused:

Eh... I spoke before I looked. I thought I remembered it being Sept last year. :confused:

It's next weekend! If you guys wanna mob up and go out there, I will be in town until monday!! Lets do it!

I don't know if my bike has the gearing for a sustained 130mph though...I opened it up on the way to vegas and it smacks into the rev limiter at just a hair over 130...I could get in on late entry but I still need to come up with a full leather suit...ahhh horsefeathers!!

I'll be home next weekend, but really need to work on the Jeep. Plus, I'd have to have my car there to really enjoy it.

high_roller

www.RideandDriver.com
http://www.saltflats.com/I30 Club.html

I think this would be a total blast!! I would love to do this on my bike, I know it is capable of 130 as I have done it on a number of occasions but on the salt I know it's a different story altogether. Anyone have any experience with this? I have ridden my bike on the salt flats before but I really took it easy as I was the only person out there.

0517071510a.jpg

Very cool, picture. Going 130 on the salt is really a different story, then doing 130 on the road. I know, wider tires are not better on the salt.

Thats pretty sweet.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
My bike only has a 200 on the rear and a 130 on the front...I would like to get out there and see what it will do on the salt but like I said cost is weighing heavy as I have other projects I could spend that money on!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I think that it would be a blast! I do it for sure if I still owned something other than Toyota's that max out at 65mph!

I've only been over 130mph mabey 3 or 4 times, and once over 165mph... hhhoooooollllyyyyy cccrrraaaaappppp was that fast!!!!!