ICYMI: the entire Greta Thunberg/Andrew Tate saga (comedy gold!)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Not long ago, Elon Musk took over Twitter. After taking the helm, he reinstated a number of accounts which had been cancelled/suspended in the past. One of these was for Andrew Tate, an American-British man and former professional kick boxer. I don't follow that sport at all, but apparently this dude was the Michael Jordan of kickboxers--he has won world titles, and has earned himself a ton of money in the process.

Back in 2017, he moved to Romania, claiming "40 percent" of the reason for his move was his belief that Romania would be less likely to investigate sexual assault cases. No surprise, in April 2022 Romanian authorities raid his mansion (after receiving a tip from the US embassy that an American woman may be held there) and find two women who said they were being held against their will. Tate and his brother are immediately questioned, but then released. Some time later the authorities decide to charge him with human trafficing and rape, but he gets wind of their plan and flees the country before they can capture him. He remains on their wanted list.

Fast forward to yesterday (Dec 29). Tate's Twitter account was recently reinstated, so--completely unprovoked--he decides to give Greta some static. He sends her this tweet:

GretaTweet1.jpg

Not one to back down from such a verbal attack, she instantly responds with a tweet of her own:

GretaTweet2.jpg

The entire internet roars with laughter. Well, everyone except Tate... who spends 10 hours crafting a come-back retort video. In that video he is sitting at a table in his home, wearing a silk robe (I presume what he wore when entering the ring for a fight), smoking a cigar, and trying hard to look and act like the most interesting man in the world. At one point in the video, he tells someone off camera to bring him some pizza, "and be sure not to recycle the cardboard box." Someone hands him two boxes of pizzas, which he places on the table as he continues to talk to the camera.

Meanwhile, the Romanian authorities have learned that (a) his Twitter account is now live, and (b) he is actively tweeting. So when Tate posts this video for Greta to watch, they eagerly watch it, also. When it gets to the pizza part, they look closely... and recognize the name and location of the pizza restaurant on the boxes. The Romanian authorities immediately realize: he's back in the country! With that, they quickly learn his exact location and send over their swat team.

When they arrive, Andrew Tate and his brother are arrested for human trafficking and forming an organized crime group.

GretaTweet3.jpg

Today (Dec 30th), DIICOT (the Romanian anti-organized crime agency) asked a judge that the suspects be held for 30 more days. The court accepted this request.

I swear, you can't make up stuff this good.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
But what does Greta have to say about the arrest? Lol.

Thanks for the summary. I had seen the headlines and was mindly interested in understanding what the deal was but not enough to look it up.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Thanks for your analysis. I’ve seen a few IG videos of people talking about Andrew. They are typically conservative women/men that seem to be defending him though… But if what you say is correct, it seems like an odd thing to defend

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
From what I've read, both instances were smear attacks and Tate was released immediately after signing a statement. The left hates Tate because he speaks the truth about the genders. Like every celebrity he takes it too far but most of his stuff is spot on. Woke women claim not to need a man but as Tate says, equality goes out the window when snow needs shoveling or wars need fighting.