If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would you live?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I really like Vermont and New Hampshire, but you don't get away from the cold. Flagstaff AZ is nice, but cold. I like the cold, personally, and I love Winter, so my choices won't match yours, but AK and MT call to me too. I have lived in Kansas, and it is the worst of both, hot and humid in the summer, bone chilling cold and humid in the winter. Southern Utah would be my choice if i ever get cold intolerant because it has recreation all around, with the ability to get warmer or cooler in an hour or so drive.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I lived in the DC area for about 7 years. Way, Way too many people to suit me.
I've lived in Texas on and off for close to 20 years. Love the place, hate the heat and humidity.
I lived in NorCal for about 4 years. On a day to day basis it was the most beautiful place I've every lived. On the downside, on a day to day basis, the politics/regulation/taxation/prices were the worst of any place I have ever lived. so I left.
I'm in Utah for the duration since the kids are starting to move out and settle here. I absolutely love the dry climate (you can keep the inversion), love the outdoor opportunities, and with work I can tolerate the politics (unlike Cali). I need to start thinking about a final retirement place out of the valley but wonder how much colder the winters get if I do.

Last edited: