IPad in the house

russelle

Listening to Dre, searching the net and typing this message on my wife's new IPad. Think I need to upgrade to Wi-Fi + 3G!
Eric Russell

DAA

We got in a couple at the office on Monday to play with and test on (writing apps for them). I was expecting just a big azz iPod touch. And really, after playing with one for a couple days, I still feel like it really isn't anything but a big iPod touch.

But... I'm finding that having a big azz iPod touch is more cool than I thought it would be. One of these could very easily replace the netbook we keep in the kitchen at home. My kids would absolutely LOVE one of these things too, I bet they sell the bejeezus out of them at Christmas. Much nicer gaming platform than the iPhone or the iPod touch, much nicer to watch movies on, much nicer to browse the web on. Typing on them using the onscreen keyboard is easier than I expected (but editing text and doing real heavy word processing is sucky...).

I'm the furthest thing from an Apple honk, but these are dead sexy devices.

I won't be an early adopter at home, but I'm sure we'll have at least one of them at home in another year. And if the rumored Verizon version were ever to actually happen, I think I'd get one for myself too.

- DAA

DAA

Probably no truth to it, but my iPhone/iPad developers have been telling me that a Verizon iPad rumor has been swirling and might even have legs.

I ain't holding my breath though. These Apple guys have a tendency to swoon a lot over stuff that they hear...

- DAA