Is my ISP ripping me off?

4x4_Welder

I'm using a POS Netgear wireless router, and Microserve wireless internet with decent results, at about $49:

Better than the cable internet that cost me twice as much. Plus, this is unlimited so I don't have to worry watching netflix.
Wireless internet has come a long ways, if that's available in your area check it out.

bobmed

- - - -
I found the Comcast speed test site.
I think they cherry picked the best sites.

http://speedtest.comcast.net/

48913732.png

Still waiting for an answer to my e-mail complaint

bobmed

- - - -
All I have to do is think back to my first modem that ran at 300 baud
(that would be .3 k) on a 4 mhz computer with dual floppy drives and no hard drive and 64 k ram and I feel good about my connection speed :)

bobmed

- - - -
I got an e-mail from Comcast that said they were pleased to tell me that they had increased my economy internet from 1 Mbs to 1.5 Mbs :mad:
Another e-mail came a few minutes later apologizing for the previous e-mail that was sent by mistake :-\

bobmed

- - - -
Today I improved my internet speed by a little :D

yesterday and today

Attachments

• yesterday internet.jpg
    yesterday internet.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3
  • today internet.jpg
    today internet.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4

ozzy702

You guys are all getting hosed:

*Yes, I'm in the U's engineering lab right now. But who's asking?

Actually looks like you're getting hosed. You pay a lot for that connection. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: Fastest I've seen here was ~ 940 down, ~ 80 up and 7ms latency.

At home with comcast it's regularly 28-30 down, 5 up and 10ms latency. Not sure how much my roommate pays but whatever it is I LIKE IT!

Last edited:

ozzy702

I'm using a POS Netgear wireless router, and Microserve wireless internet with decent results, at about $49:

Better than the cable internet that cost me twice as much. Plus, this is unlimited so I don't have to worry watching netflix.
Wireless internet has come a long ways, if that's available in your area check it out.

I forgot how horrible the interwebs in Idaho were... DO NOT MISS.... :D