"IT" happened today

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Before jumping to conclusions here... I see 2 guys pulling on a strap in the video. If this is the case, then you have still acheived something. You drove it without a winch, but not un-assisted, right?

Would you guys say it has been conquered then?

gtidrivr

yes you are right there are 2 guys pulling and i would also bet that if they werent there to keep weight on the front end i would not have made it but had i sucked the front end down with the winch i think that i would have had the same result wont know till next time.

so if i really didnt pass the test then it is still open till i make it back...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Nah, you drove it. :eek:

Charly drove the 'winch only' waterfall on Upper PG with 2 guys pulling on a strap doing the same thing you did. I think it's conqured, nice video BTW!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Greg said:
Nah, you drove it. :eek:

Charly drove the 'winch only' waterfall on Upper PG with 2 guys pulling on a strap doing the same thing you did. I think it's conqured, nice video BTW!

I disagree on this one. Although it's a cool video and great climb, this one is still up for grabs IMHO.

When it comes to Charlie on UPG, I never saw that as being "driven" either.

Suck that front end down, climb it un-assisted and name that sucker. :)

If you don't, someone else will sooner or later... :eek:

gtidrivr

von as much as i would like to tell you to not bring me down from my cloud...
i would agree if it were someone else i suppose
but its still a stepping stone
i also think that even though it was spotted i dont think that is was near the spot a winch would have provided!!

ok i guess its still open for grabs, but whomever it is better hurry and do it before i do!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
From what I have heard about this obsticle, nobody has driven it with out a winch. Now it's up to 2 people assisting. Next it might be one person, then maybe an unassisted drive. But so far, gti is in the lead. :cool:

gtidrivr

i would just like to say that i never said i did it unassisted...
hope that no one thougt that i was trying to pull the wool over their eyes!

and kurt you can be there if you want no objection of that here
the only thing that sucks about this situation is i have no truck nd trailer anymore i have to borrow :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
gtidrivr said:
von as much as i would like to tell you to not bring me down from my cloud...
i would agree if it were someone else i suppose
but its still a stepping stone
i also think that even though it was spotted i dont think that is was near the spot a winch would have provided!!

ok i guess its still open for grabs, but whomever it is better hurry and do it before i do!

Just a little "tough love", thats all. :D I know how your rig is set up and I think you can do it without the strap. :cool:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
gtidrivr said:
thanks homie!
oh yeah and they guys on the end were chad vandall nad another buddy brad
thanks to them too.

Get back out there before Vandall gets his rig done and beats ya to it. Seriously... :)

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Great to watch. I got stoked seeing someone finally get over that s.o.b. I say we pull the rocks out now and try it the way it showed up this spring. VIRGIN.
I'll never be able to do it. But it's fun to dream :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Herzog said:
From what I have heard about this obsticle, nobody has driven it with out a winch. Now it's up to 2 people assisting. Next it might be one person, then maybe an unassisted drive. But so far, gti is in the lead. :cool:
I completely agree. Way to go Man! :D