It looks like I am here to stay

high_roller

www.RideandDriver.com
So I thought I would tell you all about myself. I like long walks on the beach, and nothings better then reading a great book by the fireplace....HAHAHAHA. No not really, I am into jeeps. The rig that I currently own is a 98' xj. I had a 89' xj, before. I just bought a 89' pathy to start building into my rock buggy. IF anyone knows of someone with a pathy let me know. I have full size axles that I am planing on putting under it. anyways here is a pic of the current xj(she is for sell)
DSC00533.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
One of my good friends built up a pathfinder using full width ford axles and such. Becareful with the gearing. Those pathfinders come stock with a very low geared diffs (I can't remember but it was some odd number around 4.86:1) and a high geared transmission. Which causes problems if you are trying to get more reduction at the diffs.

Welcome to RME.

high_roller

www.RideandDriver.com
Herzog said:
One of my good friends built up a pathfinder using full width ford axles and such. Becareful with the gearing. Those pathfinders come stock with a very low geared diffs (I can't remember but it was some odd number around 4.86:1) and a high geared transmission. Which causes problems if you are trying to get more reduction at the diffs.

Welcome to RME.
thanks bud, So does your buddy live around here? I would like to see how he did his steering system. I have a hp d44 for the front and a 9inch for the rear. I have bought 4.86 gears for the 9 inch already.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
high_roller said:
thanks bud, So does your buddy live around here? I would like to see how he did his steering system. I have a hp d44 for the front and a 9inch for the rear. I have bought 4.86 gears for the 9 inch already.

It wouldn't be much help because after 5 years of abuse he tore the rig apart and is currently building a tube frame buggy.

He had the same axles under his as well. For the steering, he swapped in a ford steering pump and steering box which did quite well and lasted him the entire life of the vehicle.

high_roller

www.RideandDriver.com
Herzog said:
It wouldn't be much help because after 5 years of abuse he tore the rig apart and is currently building a tube frame buggy.

He had the same axles under his as well. For the steering, he swapped in a ford steering pump and steering box which did quite well and lasted him the entire life of the vehicle.

Ok, thanks bud