Political I've gotten more texts... (Bewilder vs LDS church)

Political discussions within

DAA

I don't text much. Don't get very many. Have got more texts from friends in the last few days about the Cody's Deseret IPA news item than I usually get in two or three weeks.

One, it makes me realize how many people I have preached the Bewilder to. And two, if any exposure is good exposure, Cody seems to be getting a bunch out the deal at least.

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Meh, I'm used the the Church defining the rules of my business. It's kind of like me writing an instruction manual for open heart surgery.
I feel like you’d at least reference factual material if you did.

I hereby grant full permission to BeWilder Brewing to use any of the words I’ve stated on the internet to name their beers. Name-uh-Jesus-Christ-amen.

The_Lobbster

Can we come up with some new brews to replace it? I’ll start,

Bishop’s Brew
Moroni Maibock
Ensign Ale
Missionary Malt

Feel free to add to the list!

The_Lobbster

I’m actually surprised the church hasn’t thrown a fit (that I know about at least) regarding the picture on the Double Bock by Wasatch. Not sure if you can trademark the temple likeness, but I’m sure they could find a way.

IMG_1398.jpeg

shortstraw8

So it will now be
HoneyBee IPA
(Sorry Mormons)

No case there since they don't want to be associated with the term mormons anymore and they can't claim to own honeybee.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
For what it’s worth, I don’t think you should change the name from Deseret. I don’t think there is a strong case for the church on this, it’s certainly not offensive for Mormons, and you could easily get pro bono representation if it came down to it.