jeep fender flares on an 87 sami?

airmanwilliams

so I was wondering if anyone can help me out and show me pics of jeep fender flares on their sami's and tell me which ones will fit the closest? The last owner of mine just cut some sheet metal and welded it on but I would like to get a cleaner look on it. Ive tried searching on here but only found a couple pics and nothing on an install or telling me what year flares to get that fit the best.

Attachments

• DSCF2765.jpg
    DSCF2765.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2766.jpg
    DSCF2766.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 000_0082.jpg
    000_0082.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 000_0086.jpg
    000_0086.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 2

Mope

The TJ flares have a much larger opening than the YJ ones. You can fit a whole YJ flare on the inside of TJ one.

Here is mine with 4 rear YJ flares.

The flares are for sale for $25 bucks.

0809081328.jpg

Here is one with TJ flares

0614101748.jpg

Compress1.jpg

str8axleguy

hey mope, did you do the coils on the front of your zuk yourself? Looks good. I am thinking of going yj's but tempted to do coils as well, just worried about gettin them setup.

Mope

hey mope, did you do the coils on the front of your zuk yourself? Looks good. I am thinking of going yj's but tempted to do coils as well, just worried about gettin them setup.

I did. I also did them on the rear. I think they are well worth the upgrade over leafs. I spent a good amount of time researching link suspensions, and just went for it. I can drive on the highway without a sway bar or steering stabilizer with one hand. Outboarding the springs and shocks made it very nice.

airmanwilliams

ill take the flares mope but I just need to find some time to come up. with it snowing and with school I may not be able to come up until it warms up though.

On your spring set up how much do you think you spent money wise on that and do you have a link to a really good write up on it? Im hoping when I get done with school next december i can start on swaping a 1.6 8v motor in and change from my 3" deaver spring under to coils.

Mope

I've got a brother in law who lives in Salt Lake that might be coming up next weekend. If we can work something out, I think I could get them to ya.

I'm a little short on time at the moment, but I'll get back to ya on the suspension questions.

airmanwilliams

I am going to start selling plasma again next week so I can buy them but just wont be able to this week mope but I do want yours since they are already cut and look REALLY nice.