Jeep not level

ZUKEYPR

That's what I got out of
I HAVE NO BODY LIFT ON THE JEEP, BUT THERE ARE TWO BODY LIFT PUCKS ON THE BACK OF DIFFERENT SIZES.

First thing I would do is take the pucks out and leave behidn only the stock body mounts.

In the pics, the bumper sits level, so I don't think you have a frame/suspension problem.

So get rid of the pucks.. They are easy to do, just loosen all of one side, remove them, tighten it all back up. Then loosen all of the other side, remove them, tighten it all back up. You may need to use a hi lift under the rockers to lift up one side, then other. Put a peice of 2x4" between the body and jack so that you are jacking on the board and not the tub. It's very easy, and doesn't take much. You can have it all done in about an hour easy.

More important than removing them at this time is asking "WHY". Why are they there in the first place, especially by all indications of the photos, that being the bumper looking level, one would presume that it would be an indicator that the frame is straight as well as the suspension therefore making it even more confusing as to why in the world somone would install two pucks in the first place.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
More important than removing them at this time is asking "WHY". Why are they there in the first place, especially by all indications of the photos, that being the bumper looking level, one would presume that it would be an indicator that the frame is straight as well as the suspension therefore making it even more confusing as to why in the world somone would install two pucks in the first place.

To me, I'm guessing it was a short attempt of getting more tire clearance... :rolleyes: I find it hard to believe the frame was bent downward back there. Could be extremely possible, but... Especially if you can't see any signs of the frame actually being bent - buckling or etc. If it was bent downward, the tank would also angle downward in the rear, since the front of it is supported by the crossmember.

ZUKEYPR

I agree with all that, but putting that aside for a moment how in the world could you even put two pucks in the rear, two different sizes mind you, not place them at any of the other body mount locations, and have the ability to get that body bolted down????:eek: Absolutely 100% bizzarre

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I agree with all that, but putting that aside for a moment how in the world could you even put two pucks in the rear, two different sizes mind you, not place them at any of the other body mount locations, and have the ability to get that body bolted down????:eek: Absolutely 100% bizzarre

And I definately agree with that!!!! :eek:

leorn

reset
to check your frame. measure from one frame rail to the other in an "x". Hint:make sure to use identical reference points. ie front of frame rail to body mount. If the two measurements are different lengths your frame is bent.
Really odd to have the pucks back there and not on the other body mounts...