Jeep Safari EA comment period ; Letters needed!

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
greenjeep said:
If you don't mind elaborating, what is your problem supporting all of Alternative A?

I will not put words in Jeff's mouth but I can tell you what I know from the outside looking in. We (as in RR4W's trail leaders) are a bunch of elitist 4 wheelers that want to own the trails ourselves for the duration of the Easter Jeep Safari.

Well maybe they are right but for me personally I would tell them to stay away from Moab at Easter time.

You know I never remember Mark Smith having much reaction from the local 4 wheeling community when he got the BLM and Forest Service to shut down the Rubicon for his events. Unfortunately it has come down to having the Government make the choice for us in Moab due to user conflicts.

Just like Jeep Jamboree, Red Rock 4-Wheelers are making it better for everyone that use these trails other than the time they will be closed to the general public. Thank us at a later date when you can use these trails. Just don’t come at Easter. And don’t go to the Rubicon on Jamboree weeks.

Do please make a comment to the BLM to support Alt."A" it is the best for everyone and helps shut the door on SUWA. If you don't think so I will dig out the wideness coalition maps and put on another seminar like the presentation in Moab we did at fight back ‘99 showing what that bill would close. It is still what SUWA is fighting for both in Washington and at the Moab Field Office. Over half of our beloved Moab 4x4 trails will be lost if we give an inch. Anything but Alt.”A” is giving that inch.
Todd

Last edited:
Todd Adams said:
If someone working on their own thinks they are helping for the best possible reasons, they may not be helping since they don’t have the full picture.

Anyone cleaning up trails, staying on the trail, respecting the trail, and encouraging others to do the same is helping.

Of course, you can help a little more by becoming a member of U4WDA. For a mere $10 you get a cool sticker, 4 issues of the world-famous Compass magazine, and a warm-fuzzy feeling.

Join online today at:

http://www.u4wda.org/join_us.shtml

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
scoutabout said:
Anyone cleaning up trails, staying on the trail, respecting the trail, and encouraging others to do the same is helping.

Of course, you can help a little more by becoming a member of U4WDA. For a mere $10 you get a cool sticker, 4 issues of the world-famous Compass magazine, and a warm-fuzzy feeling.

Join online today at:

http://www.u4wda.org/join_us.shtml

Oh I agree 100% Steve but then this thread is about the Easter Jeep Safari EA. Have you written and sent your letter?

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Done...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing in effort to express comments regarding off-road travel, specifically in and around Moab, Utah. I write not only as a supporter of the Red Rock 4-Wheelers (RR4W), but as an active member of the Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association, an avid outdoor enthusiast, a mountain biker, a hiker and as an advocate of maintaining access to Utah’s beautiful backcountry.

I’ve been attending RR4W’s Annual Jeep Safari for the last 6 years, prior to that, I had visited Moab several times each year to hike and bike the numerous trails in and around the city. It concerns me that there are organizations established which wish to deny access to motorized vehicle travel with their focus on the Jeep Safari. In my opinion, the RR4W have performed above and beyond their call of duty in effort to maintain the tradition of the Safari. It is my hope and vote, if you will, that Alternative “A” be accepted, implemented and that RR4W’s permit be granted.

Traveling to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari has evolved into an annual retreat for my family. We hope that this may always be the case.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

ZUKEYPR

ZUKEYPR said:
You folks kill me. Why don't you agree to disagree. You write stuff such as "I respect your opinion" but then you post thread after thread after thread trying to convince someone that your view is the only correct view. Face it there are three or four folks on this board that no matter what is said are always right in their minds, will attempt to counter any comment to the contrary of their views, that will attempt to gang up on any who speaks against them, that are so closed minded to "honestly" take someone elses opinion for "true" consideration, that it completely detracts from the orginal intent of the thread. I've written my letter in support of what I feel is best for "all" members of the wheeling community, mostly but not all of option A.

Are you few folk reading the same words that I wrote as I am? This is exactly what I was talking about. Look I'm not attempting to be mean spirited here but exactly what I stated you are doing. I never said nothing "anti-4x4 club" yet immediately you defned it, I never said anything about anybody else not supporting the community or that they were doing nothing to "help the cause", yet immediately you not only defend it but accuse me of being non active in the fight and want to "call me out". Right..........OK. Hint: We know how much some of you have done for the 4x4 community. It doesn't go unnoticed but for some of you to continually point it out gets extremely annoying. It's like a volunteer that keeps wanting to point out their good deed. Then a separate thread was started to bash my comments. The entire point of my post was "respect others opinions". Once your point has been made let it lie. Quit badgering man. Anybody that is on this board understands "the cause" ......don't hammer it to death once you've made your point.

Now being that someone asked about why I don't support Option A go to the new thread I started because as i stated in my first post the point of this thread should be to defeat Option B, not whether or not you support option A.