jeep yj turn lever issues

CHILEDOG

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to rig up a different turn lever set up. Maybe with some switches or something. I'll explain....I think this is the 4th time that I've got into my jeep and hit the turn signal lever with my knee. Breaks every time. I am tired of dissembling whole steering wheel to fix it. I need some ideas to make this a little more knee proof and a little more cost effective. It's $100 or more every time I do it. Its a 1994 yj. has intermittent wipers and tilt wheel.
Thanks for your input

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
Omix ada has a unversal switch used for older CJ's that I think may work for you.. It just hose clamps to column so you could move it up some.
947348.jpg

CHILEDOG

That's pretty sweet! Thanks. That's the concept I was looking for. Would it run the wipers and stuff still? I can see the silver lever for the turn signal. Is the red cap for the wipers?

CHILEDOG

Ok. So when I figure out which wires run the turn signals and hook them up, I could probably locate all the wires that run the wipers and hook them up to a separate toggle switch or something of the sort?

Corban_White

Yes you could if you are decent with electrical stuff and reading wiring diagrams. That is what I did on the skuggy. But if you have intermittent wipers you will likely loose that feature unless you are REALLY good with electrical stuff or if the controller is not in the switch.

utahsnowmobiler

the beater
like corban white said if you are really good with electrical you could do that or scoot your seat back and stop hitting your knee on it. i have a 91 yj and have never hit my knee on it....