Other Region Jeepers Jamboree 2016

idahoyj

Is anyone on here going to the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon this month?
I waited until the last minute but finally pulled the trigger to go. I will be riding with my dad in his '89 YJ.
The one on the right in this picture.
I've been over the Rubicon before, but just with a small group. I'm excited to go, but a little worried about how many people will be there this time.
Any advice for a first time Jamboree-er?

Attachments

• 2014-03-23 11.43.43.jpg
    2014-03-23 11.43.43.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 19

Bart

From what I hear it's a blast, but have never been to a JJ event. I hear they do a great job stacking rocks and making sure everyone has a good time. Just kick back, relax, and enjoy one of the prettiest places on earth.

Lil' Rich

It will be busy for sure. They essentially fit around 400+ rigs on the trail over 2 days. If you are confident in your rig and your driving, I would leave Late Tuesday night, early Wednesday morning. I always left noon lake around Midnight-3am, but always had a well prepared rig. It is really cool dropping into Buck Island at day break, plus you have all day to get your sleep back.

Then you don't have to deal with Rock Stackers, Long Wait Lines, etc. it takes a SLOW 10 hours to get into the springs if all goes well with the group. On my own I could get there in 4 pretty easy, but even then I would suggest being a little slower. I grew up on that trail so I knew every obstacle possible and I had a rig that could scoot pretty well at the time.