Jeep JK engine tuners/programmers?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone have experience with engine programmers & tuners for the '12+ 3.6 Pentastar engine? Soon I'll be putting 35's on the Jeep and will need to reprogram for the taller tires, to make the transmission happy. I know the AEV ProCal is probably the most popular, but also one of the more basic options. It seems like there are several options and different levels of adjustability, but was wondering what other have done. I like the idea of having the option to tune the engine and get a little more power, MPG, etc out of the engine.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Don't waste your money on the AEV, about all it does is speedo and TPS. I run a Diablo, and can change hundreds of different settings. Apples to oranges though, mines a supercharged 3.8.

Greg

Admin
Don't waste your money on the AEV, about all it does is speedo and TPS. I run a Diablo, and can change hundreds of different settings. Apples to oranges though, mines a supercharged 3.8.

Thanks Brian, looking into the Diablo looks like their latest & greatest is the Diablo Trinity... - https://www.diablosport.com/products/trinity.html

It does seem packed full of features and options, looks like you can monitor all kinds of sensors. $600 is a lot of money though! :eek:

I run the AEV. As mentioned, it's not full of features.

Seems like it's the bare minimum, I understand that it will get the job done but I think I want a little more. ;)

Thanks Marc!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I have the Superchips Flashcal. Basically the same ability as the AEV procal but with a screen. I'll be selling it here in the next few days, just need to set my JK back to stock first.

Greg

Admin
I ended up buying Nate's lightly used FlashCal and used it to fix the transmission's shift points and changed some of the other options... really cool that you can keep the fog lights on while the high beams are running! I still would like a Superchips Trail Dash in the future, but for now the FlashCal works.

I have the Superchips Flashcal. Basically the same ability as the AEV procal but with a screen. I'll be selling it here in the next few days, just need to set my JK back to stock first.

Greg

Admin
I need to get one of those, especially when I get new tires. I would love to adjust my shift points.

I was able to program my gear ratio and tire size, the speed seems right on but I haven't compared it with the GPS. Before with 35's and factory 4.10's the transmission was shifting very early and it acted pretty off when offroad. The programmer is a must have with an auto and larger tires.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Good to see its working for you Greg. If you have a decent Android phone there is an app called "GPS Test" that will connect your phones chip to the sats and can give you a good speed, thats what I used to calibrate my tire size using it.

App Link