JL or Bronco purchase in near future.

Pike2350

So I decided to just go through with it foe the extra money. It helped that I found out the jeep has what appears to be Metalcloak skids underneath, different skid, axle disconnect skid l...so I figure that is worth the deal even with the extra BS tax crap.

Hopefully I will have it delivered sometime late next week or early the following.

Trate D

So I decided to just go through with it foe the extra money. It helped that I found out the jeep has what appears to be Metalcloak skids underneath, different skid, axle disconnect skid l...so I figure that is worth the deal even with the extra BS tax crap.

Hopefully I will have it delivered sometime late next week or early the following.
I envy you that you could make that deal sight unseen. I could never purchase a vehicle like that.

Corban_White

I have purchased several vehicles out of state but never shipped them. Each time I have given them my home address and they didn't charge me tax since the address was not in the state where I purchased the vehicle. I did pay a small registration fee to get a temp tag so I could drive it home. Then once I got home and went to register it I didn't pay sales tax in the home state either because it was a transfer not a new purchase (since it was already registered in another state). YMMV but this has been the case for me on 3-4 separate occasions.

Pike2350

I have purchased several vehicles out of state but never shipped them. Each time I have given them my home address and they didn't charge me tax since the address was not in the state where I purchased the vehicle. I did pay a small registration fee to get a temp tag so I could drive it home. Then once I got home and went to register it I didn't pay sales tax in the home state either because it was a transfer not a new purchase (since it was already registered in another state). YMMV but this has been the case for me on 3-4 separate occasions.

Looking over AZ tax law on this, it is unique in how it handles tax for out of state residents. They even changed the name sales tax to TRANSACTION PRIVELAGE TAX. What a joke. The law deals mostly with the state's portion of the TPT, and allows a deduction to the seller's income by the amount of an out of state sale....just like most states. The problem lies with the Cities and Counties, and the forms the AZ Tax commission uses to calculate how to do an out of state sale. It's very confusing for the seller IMHO.

Here is a snippet of the code that is pretty self explanatory...however, the forms the seller fills out to determine how much the out of state tax should be (because UT and AZ have reciprocity) the form adds the complication.

1725990441837.png

And here is the form they fill out. (numbers are examples, not actual sale price 😉
1725990477305.png

So I get the dealer doesn't want to get in trouble.....but I didn't want to lose the vehicle over what amounted to about $1300, especially after I found out about the Metalcloak skid plates on the belly, rear diff, shocks, and front axle disconnect. Those alone would cost almost $2k new...so I figured I'll suck it up.

Pike2350

This ended up getting delivered yesterday.....very excited.

I am now trying to figure out exactly what I bought. :rofl:

Turns out I can't pinpoint the lift. With all the Metalcloak parts I am thinking maybe that...but the short arms aren't the goldish color of Metalcloak stuff.

It has Metalcloak skids on the belly, axle disconnect, rear diff. Metalcloak shock mounts and their red Rocksport shocks and stabilizer along with upgraded steering...so seems natural to assume Metalcloak...but the arms?20240923_183852.jpg20240923_183841.jpg20240923_183906.jpg20240923_183927.jpg20240923_182035.jpg20240923_182026.jpg20240923_181958.jpg20240923_184209.jpg20240923_184215.jpg

It also had 2 KC lights on the cowl I never noticed I. Pictures. They seem to work great with both an amber light in the center and white main lights.

It has the headliner, which I do feel does make it generally more quite.

The one option it didn't have I would've preferred is the front camera. Does anyone know if that is easy to add to factory setup? Outside of that, the BFG tires have great tread (probably 75%). The hinge steps will likely come off because I don't care for them and don't have intentions at this point to put a rack up top.

Overall I am very happy. All this for less than $40k with only 36k miles I think is a great deal.

I did submit a members rig post to the moderators so that is where I will continue the discussion...on it when it is approved..so these pics will be duplicated.