junkyard TBI on on 360

brokejeep

I put a chevy TBI on my amc 360 jeep starts then and will run...kind of. The engine is is dumping black smoke and is lumping???? Does any one know if the TBI have a stock regulator or if I need to get a inline? It seems as if the injection is flooding the engine out. Thanks for any help of suggestions. I am almost to the point I want to go get a carb.

notajeep

Just me
Yes, there is a pressure regulator on the TBI unit.
If you are getting too much fuel, one of your sensors is getting a bad reading. I would think either your O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, or maybe your idle air control.

notajeep

Just me
You can pull the obd1 code just by jumping two terminals on the obd1 port. The check engine light will flash in a series and that will allow you to look up the code. Or you can just use a code reader.

russelle

Brokejeep
I did this exact same thing for a buddy last month. You are most likely way too rich for the AMC 360. I burned a custom chip for his AMC 360 and was really surprised how the stock 350 bin had way too much fuel. You also need a lot of advance, the stock 350 does not provide enough for the spark curve. I still have the bin I burned for him. I live in Clinton and can stop by and chat.
Eric Russell