Just curious

redneckbronco

Drive an 86 bronco 2 with some mods
Prefer Suzuki samarui, small nimble and can go just about newhere when built rite.
Reason for not.....cant fit wife 3kids and a dog in the sammi.
I do miss my sammi, but the b2 does great and i can afford it

pELYgroso

'Merica
drive: '86 4runner SAS, etc.
prefer: (if existed) 4 door 4runner with factory removable top (why couldn't they have made that in transition to the 2nd gen 4 runners? WHYYYYYY?) W/ 3.4l, SAS, etc.

(honestly, how many of you would want to own a 4 door, removable top 4 runner? EVERYBODY!)

why?: 4 doors is more convenient for family, gear, etc, but the removable top makes the 1st gen 4runner my vehicle of choice to SAS and build over the 2nd gen 4 door w/out the removable top....someday I'll do the 3.4 swap too.....but for now, 22r over 3.0 is another advantage.

JoeT

Drive: 08 JK Unlimited setup nicely
Want: same but with a diesel motor or a hemi
Reason: Perfect rig for family camping/moab but it needs more beef to the engine compartment. I can load everything up in it for a week trip inside, love the room over the old XJ. Some Tera60's and new tires would be great also.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Drive: 1993 YJ
Prefer: 4 door Rubi.
reasons: I drive the YJ because it is superior to the CJ in most ways, and you gotta love the square headlights. I want a 4 door Rubi because I now have 2 kids and a wife that I didn't have when I started building the YJ.

05rubicon

drive: and wheel a 05 Wrangler rubicon unlimited 4 inch lift with 295 X 75R 16
Prefer: Some day I want to build a buggy Just can't get to daring with this fairly new rig. I am with some of the others a little more power under the hood on the 05 would be great.

Reason: The reason I have the Rubicon is when I got married 20 years ago I had saved $5,000 for a 69 convertible firebird. Used it to pay for wedding and honeymoon. My wife said that some day we would get me a convertible when we saw the Rubicon she ask me if it would take the place of the 69 I said sure, no regrets there. Love the extra room of the unlimited. The picture is before the lift and new tires but it is me, my wife, three kids, and all of our gear going to the hole in the rock trail.

Attachments

• loadedtothegills.jpg
    loadedtothegills.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
Drive:1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prefer: Custom 4 seater buggy
Reason: Can't afford a buggy...yet

Curious....what exactly are your "thoughts" about RME that you are trying to confirm here?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Drive: 1998 Grand Cherokee (very modified)

Prefer: 4 door tacoma for expedition wheelin and 4 seat buggy (107" WB, 60's, 40's, v8, atlas)

Reason: Can't afford the buggy, tow rig, and trailer and have no place to park any of it at the moment.

Daviticus

That One Ghetto Guy.
Drive: '92 Ranger

Prefer: Any-year Dakota

Reason: Mopar for life. When you're building a proper trail-truck it doesn't matter what base you start with, all the important stuff is being modified anyway. :D

Corban_White

Drive: 2007 4 door Tacoma

Prefer: 15 different vehicles so I could drive whatever I wanted that day and 10 acres to park them on. I would probably end up driving the taco most of the time though. I love it! I would like to get an STS turbo on it however. One of these days.

Reason: Comfortable, nice, powerful, doesn't break.

rondo

rondo
I drive 2 wheeling rigs.

My YJ is a crawler, ugly, with 4cyl, 1tons, 2 tcases and 37s. it currently sits in my garage in Utah. :(
What i'd prefer: to tube it out, then drop a V8, then...

My other rig is 00 Frontier with 1 tons on 37s. :D A family rig that's great for snow wheeling and has a/c, heat etc. After beating it on Las Cruces NM trails for the last 5 months I realize it's extreme but its not a buggy. I'd like to have:

a 05 or newer Frontier 4door crewcab with straight axle conversion maybe on 35s but i wouldn't try to replace the YJ with it for stupid terrain.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
I drive a 89' 4runner wheel and DD.

Had 86' sami, miss it, but needed more room for the wife and kids

preffer: my sami back

Attachments

• Imgp5764.jpg
    Imgp5764.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • Imgp5782a.jpg
    Imgp5782a.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 5

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Wheel: 89 XJ, full width axes, 8" lift, stock motor-trans-xfer:thumbs:

Drive: 08 Dodge MegaCab!.... Why not??

Prefer: Don't know yet:rofl:!

Reasons: I love my XJ, but it's the only rig I've seriously built & wheeled.
So.... I'm getting the stuff together to build a CJ7:eek:!

My guess is it's not my perfect wheeling machine either, but then that's why we do this!!

Right???

rholbrook

Wheel and sometimes drive: 1997 TJ somewhat modified
Drive sometimes and wheel sometimes: 2004 LJ Unlimited. Beginning to modify for my son.

Want and will get this spring New 4 dr Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. They finally came out with a color I really like.(Dark Charcoal Metallic)

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
What we wheel:
84 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler restored from the frame up locked, geared, and ready to explore.
87 Jeep Comanche home made long arms upgraded axles locked and geared.
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
85 K30 Chev pickup to haul the fishing boat.
73 C104 Jeep Commando in process.

Want: Don't need any more and like what I have, just need more time to work on them.

Thursty

Wheel: Fairly wel-built '95 Cherokee Sport, Mildly built '76 GMC half-ton
Would like: Built box Bronco with an injected 351 yada yada...
Reason: I've always liked 60's Fords and v-8s :D It would just be a cool rig.

choptopbII

Wheel: 86 toyota truggy linked, locked, duals, gears, pretty built.
Would like: lightweight toyota based buggy with a 4cyl D16 honda motor
Reason: The best of both worlds honda and toyota and i would really like a buggy

toy4fun

Drive: Toyota 82 JF40
Prefer: Toyota 2010 UZJ40 or FJ45 something OR just to have my 82 JF40 new again
Reason: I’m lazy and don’t like working one my trucks :D

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Drive: Toyota 76 FJ55 and 97 FZJ80
Prefer: I have both of my dream vehicles, period. If I had the room and money, I'd also take an SOA FJ45LV and an HZJ60.
Reason: Toyota Landcruiser wagons are beautiful and I want them.

ALF

SURE!?
Drive: 2003 Crew Cab GMC
Wheel: 79 CJ7
Wheel: 76 K5 Blazer
Prefer: The Blazer...Dunno why Just like em alot!! Wouldn't wheel the Jeep at all if someone would buy the damn thing!!
Reason: Love my GM's, always been reliable and a built jeep just doesn't give the challenge of a big Beast of a Blazer does :D

Houndoc

Drive and wheel: 03 Montero Sport
(wife drives 05 ram 2500 Quad cab, CTD)

Prefer: would not mind continuing to wheel the MS, but needs lockers. However, 4 door JK Rubi would be better still or a SAS's first gen. Durango.

Dream: Pinzgauer M712 (cool factor very high, but not practical for much)