just curious

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I think we should look into putting on events like Cal 4. Hi Desert Roundup, Pismo Sand Nationals, and Panamint Valley Days. These events are family oriented, street legal vehicles doing fun things. I looked into something at Little Sahara and it would take at least 4 active clubs and a lot of money for insurance and permits. 5 Mile Pass would be a great area for something like Hi Desert or Panamint.

zukijames

5 mile or little moab.. i think little moab is sitla land or something not sure though i would love for there to just be more events of any kind yes of course id rather it all be low-medium budget pro-mod type stuff so i would have a chance but anything that gets people out is good

Olaf

Supporting Member
Races...

I spoke to some people about a UTV race and Rich Klein about a race.....We'll see what happens.....Keep you posted.

CRAZYCJ8

What happened to our sport?

I was there, that was a great event! and sadly one of my last. The following year there was an event at or near the kens lake area, it was lame, controlled, man-made........Rock crawling was the fasting growing sport...I say was... now its hanging on except for the top elite. Once the average street rigs were taken from the mix, the majority was cut out, who really wants to watch from the stands and watch rigs climb man made objects, when we used to be able to help roll rigs back over, touch tires as they passed..sure it a little safer now..but it was that element of excitement that brought all of our families out to watch. I would love to see an event out there in that type of setting....this is why the king of the hammers is soo big.

zukijames

well i will be out there.. and if i find someone to race i will.

timed runs through upper heldo would be pretty cool start a rig every 3 mins or so

i agree though its sad this thread didnt go anywhere..

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
James i think your on to something big the idea of a back to basics race that even Street legal rigs can perticipate as well as the top rock buggies. I and many others like the old school rock crawl because its just that its a rock crawling event that is still rock crawling and still has a fun race to be in if so desired. I think maybe a race up in salt lake valley at 5 mile or little moab to start things off might be better either way im in

Bart

I think timed runs through Pritchett and out White Knuckle and Behind the Rocks would be the coolest race ever.

zukijames

Ben

If you notice I posted this before rich had posted it on dirt riot schedule. Originally it was going to be June in cedar city.

Then I talked to Olaf and rich and Olaf and rich talked now we have this :)

Now I look at your link and see it's just about last years stuff but yeah April 8th in Moab :)

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
If you notice I posted this before rich had posted it on dirt riot schedule. Originally it was going to be June in cedar city.

Then I talked to Olaf and rich and Olaf and rich talked now we have this :)

Now I look at your link and see it's just about last years stuff but yeah April 8th in Moab :)

We're working on it. Stay tuned for more news!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member

:cool: I didn't know one was scheduled at BFE, I just saw that blog post the other day and thought about this thread. We'll be there for sure....

spectating

zukijames

:cool: I didn't know one was scheduled at BFE, I just saw that blog post the other day and thought about this thread. We'll be there for sure....

spectating

i didnt notice the spectating part tell i went to quote and tell you im excited to wheel with you but if your just going to sit around and be boring thats cool too.. i guess.. trail class is pretty cheap.. pro class still not bad