KIDS BIKES

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I think that Yama Jama is an awesome value too!
It's the cost of the Raiju plus a suspension fork but you get hydraulic brakes too and it says it's got internal routing to do a drop seat post too!

It appears to be the same frame as the Raiju? We might have to have him pedal that next time we get together.

Hardcastle

Recently i was looking for a pedal bike for my 3 year old who more than mastered his Specialized Hotwalk balance bike with a handbrake that i added. I looked at all the brands listed in the thread but settled on the Pello Romper 14". I don't necessarily think it was better than other options you guys talked about but at the time they were offering scratch & dents at a pretty heavy discount. 1 week into riding and i was happy i saved the money with all the extra scratches he added. I ditched the coaster brake and opted for a freewheel with front & rear handbrakes since he already knew how to use those. These are worth looking at if you're interested in a quality kids bike.

IMG_8228.JPG

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Well it's that time again. The 3 year old is trying to take over the 5 year old's bike. I was hoping to hold off until the oldest turns six. This Spawn Yoji has been awesome for him and it still fits great but I'm almost needing to get the 2 inches of seatpost back that I cut when I first set it up.
IMG_20200406_145148.jpg

But the 3 year old's 4th birthday is next month and he's begging me to give him his brother's bike.
IMG_20200420_122746.jpgWhenever we're not looking he drops the quick adjust seat and takes off with it.
IMG_20200321_161910.jpg

Not the world's best time to spend a bunch of money but he can't have a party anyways so I'd love to make it special for my little buddy.
I'll happily sell my all of stuff to make sure my kids are happy.
Other dads what 20-in bike did your kids end up on?
@benjy

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Here are my top choices.

I'd buy this if I could get it. Both woom 4 off versions (air fork and rigid are out off stock for a while with Corona)

I'm liking this at 18.12 lbs and a suspension fork.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Other dads what 20-in bike did your kids end up on?

My little man is on a Scott Roxter. I knew I wanted wide tires and disc brakes and that was the best price point. I didn't worry about the lack of a fork. The rigid fork is lighter, and at his weight I'm not sure a suspension fork would be useful anyway?

Last Christmas:
80780101_2867725006581219_7053809619843416064_o.jpg

And last week at Little Valley. Check out the Tongue Of Concentration.
20200422_072517.jpg

Your boy is welcome to take it for a spin.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Love this thread. Our girls are reaching the upper limits of their Woom 3's... hard to beat at under 12 pounds! If anyone is looking at one, they will probably be for sale at the end of the year (red and purple).

@benjy, you still have the purple one by chance?

Corban_White

My daughter is moving from her 20" to the 24" as soon as I get the frame back from the powder coater (tomorrow). Her 20" will be for sale if you are interested. IMG_20200418_130404.jpg

Gary Fisher frame, upgraded everything else. 23 lbs, White Brothers rc8/MRP Rustler 80mm air fork, 1x9 deore drivetrain with 32 tooth narrow-wide chainring with bashguard as well as the 22 tooth-manual shifting. Great on the long climbs. Custom built wheels with Ringle hubs, Avid single digit 5 brakes with speed dial 7 levers, carbon bars, shortened crankset, 2.0 rear tire and 2.6 front. Fork recently serviced by MRP. I can take more pics if you're interested. I also have the geo numbers as it sits if you're into that.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My daughter is moving from her 20" to the 24" as soon as I get the frame back from the powder coater (tomorrow). Her 20" will be for sale if you are interested. View attachment 126824

Gary Fisher frame, upgraded everything else. 23 lbs, White Brothers rc8/MRP Rustler 80mm air fork, 1x9 deore drivetrain with 32 tooth narrow-wide chainring with bashguard as well as the 22 tooth-manual shifting. Great on the long climbs. Custom built wheels with Ringle hubs, Avid single digit 5 brakes with speed dial 7 levers, carbon bars, shortened crankset, 2.0 rear tire and 2.6 front. Fork recently serviced by MRP. I can take more pics if you're interested. I also have the geo numbers as it sits if you're into that.

@Corbin_White Yeah message me

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This thing is pretty sweet If my conversion is right, its just over $300.

Easton rode a riprock 20. With the herd you have, you'll get your money's worth.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
For 20” bikes we went with the Trailcraft Bluesky. Nice bikes, probably overpriced, but they had a heavy discount over the holidays. The Woom 4 Off was my next choice, but I wanted to mix it up since we had the Woom 3.

D87EF079-977A-4361-9347-B919118809FF.jpeg
C3924D9C-1DDE-44B8-B9E3-F1C98F6B0F85.jpeg
FF19A166-698F-4AEB-81F1-12EB3D1CD6DB.jpeg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My kid is 4.5 and he has no interest in trying to learn how to ride a bike. It kills me. He has a 12" my co-worker gave us but the training wheels don't work right because we didn't get all the pieces and then I borrowed a coaster bike from another friend. I don't understand why he doesn't want to bike, maybe there aren't enough kids around that he can see how riding would be fun?