Kids dirt bike options??

Cascadia

Undecided
If I remember right those do have a hose feeding in to the air box and when they tip it fills with oil. The fix was to run the breather hose up around the frame looped around a few times. Obviously you have to extend the hose. That way the oil never makes it far enough.

Cascadia

Undecided
Maybe yours was already removed or modified. We all know your maintenance skills. Is this the same air filter that was in it when you got it? ;)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We all know your maintenance skills. Is this the same air filter that was in it when you got it? ;)

Yes, Yes it is. :eek:

If I remember right, I pulled the carbs and cleaned them a few years ago.. but for sure didn't replace the filter.

jeeper

Why don't we just put a 60cc kit on it and see how it feels? They are only like $100

I have talked with lindsay machine about some work.. :)
I decided to get it fully tuned to as it should be, and see if we still need more.
It was struggling pretty hard last ride. And would blow a ton of smoke while going up hill. Seeing the filter it makes total sense. It was still wet when I took it apart 2 days later. There was fuel residue dripping from the air box also.. So i need to figure out why that happened..

jeeper

I got bike #1 put back together today. I did a real good cleaning of the carb, new air filter, new spark plug, reset the carb screws to factory, and lowered the main jet to a 67.5.
The bike seems to run a lot better. I couldn't tell a power difference (I don't think a .05hp increase makes a difference for a 220lb guy) but my daughter seemed to think it was better.
We have been mixing fuel for a long time, and not using the oil injection system. Many internet folk say to just leave all the injection stuff on, and simply not fill the reservoir (which is what I have done). This go round, I actually removed it all, and capped the oil nipple on the carb. The amount of air that was being blown out and sucked in through the oil nipple was crazy.

[video=youtube;nhovc4AIXyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhovc4AIXyI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

After the nipple was properly plugged I was able to get the bike's carb tuned to idle right, and run well. We will see how it does on the hills at grannies track next week.

Last edited: