ksl news story about the building of my office

Bart

Saw that story and thought it was cool. I drove 10 wheelers, 18 wheelers, and cement trucks for about 10 years and would have loved to have driven one of those. Also spent 2 years in a snow cat at Snowbasin and a year in a D 9 cat. Like any other job I know it would get old but still, it must be cool to run those around Kennecot.

blznnp

its hard to get a perspective as to how big those trucks are when you are looking at them from the visitors center, but when you see one of the dump beds on a semi truck on bangerter, those things are huge. you can compare the f350's that are next to them at the mine, but in person its crazy. I would love to get up close to one of them with my 4 year old and 2 year old, they love construction trucks and i think they fell in love when they saw those dump trucks at the mine.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Thought about it. It wouldnt be hard for a rogue truck to get out. We used to have to drive them down the access road to get to different parts of the mine which gave me a taste of taking up both lanes.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That's cool, I've always thought it was cool looking at those down the mine, how small they look but knew they were in fact huge lol

lewis

Fight Till You Die
no cdl required, although I do have one. Kennecott.com is how you apply. took me ten years of applying to get a job

Caleb

One of my neighbors is a boss (foreman, manager, not sure what they are called there :D) up there and two of my other neighbors are part of his team and they drive those too. I personally think I'd go insane driving them.

Dave(man)

sheepdog
that's cool man....1st year of applying there....i would love to do that....currently an equipment operator with Staker......one of my neighbors is a trainer with Kennecott and he said it's an average of 7 years applying before you get hired....