Kudos to Dixie 4 Wheel Drive

jp008

I was wheeling in Arizona yesterday and my steering broke. I had to pull the parts off and abandon the sami on the hillside. I called Milt at Dixie 4 Wheel Drive in St. George and he said he was busy (trying to get the rig into shape for the comp) but swing by and he would try to fit me in. I show up around 5:30 (utah time) and he is still there. Still busy mind you. He takes the time and addresses my problem and then charges me a ridiculously low price, so I gave him double of what he asked for. (why?) Because Milt and his crew are top notch and if not for them the Sami would have spent the weekend up there.
The unfortunate thing is he broke a very expensive tool working on my stuff. I asked him if he would like me to pay for it and he said "No it's my fault and I will take care of it." If ever in St.George please and need a hand I recommend this shop HIGHLY. Very good people. They will get my business from here on out.

Way to go Dixie 4 Wheel Drive, keep up the good work. :D :D :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
jp008 said:
A bender die.

I just can't say enough about these guys.
How did he break a bender die? What broke on it? I borke the mounting flange off one once (the weld failed :rolleyes: ). Welded it back on and it was good to go. Unless the die physically cracked somehow, he'll probably be able to fix it up easily.

jp008

The die shattered. :( The only thing I can think is he may have been using a schedule die for my tubing...either way I still feel bad, his fault or not.

Normally this is something I would have done myself, but all I have here is my rig and a few select tools. When I finally get all moved into a place of my own I will bring all my stuff with me.

Last edited: