Ladies carry pistol?

1969honda

Supporting Member
The little Bersa .380s are pretty dang reliable and easy to use. Smaller frame, good controls, and just work. My old man was a deputy for 23 years, his last 10 years or so he worked part time in Harrisville. When he started working there and doing more supporting calls for the Ogden City gang unit, he bought a little Bersa for a backup gun. Somehow he managed to hide that little Thunder 380 inside his trauma plate pouch on his body armor.

DAA

Supporting Member
This women's carry stuff is escalating and getting expensive fast at my house. Wife and daughter fighting over wife's pistol, blah, blah, blah. Both of the wearing me down constantly. Me saying Eff it, I need them to shut up for a little while, blah, blah, blah.

Well, like the old diamond commercial used to say, "that ought to shut them up for awhile". Or, no, it was "take her breath away". Same thing.

thumbnail_IMG_1797.jpg

- DAA

DAA

Supporting Member
Meaningless but interesting observation today.

I've got a Savage 1907 .32 ACP that belonged to my great grandpa and is about 110 years old. As the "original" double stack, it was the first pocket pistol to hold ten rounds in the magazine. Looks like it has a hammer, but it's actually striker fired.

The P365 is the newish hotishness in capacity and concealability. My Wife and Daughters P365 380's hold, wait for it, ten rounds in the magazine. Uhhh... Savage did that almost 120 years ago...

The two side by side.

thumbnail_IMG_1809.jpg

The Savage is longer over all but a tiny bit shorter top to bottom.

thumbnail_IMG_1810.jpg

And the Savage is noticeable thinner.

thumbnail_IMG_1811.jpg

Of course, the Savage is heavier, being all steel. But it looks pretty good for 110 years old. Better than the plastic Sig will look in another month.

Most interesting today was all three of us shooting the old Savage. Trying to shoot fast at 7 yards. I shot the Savage a little bit better than the P365's. My Daughter shot the Savage noticeably better. My Wife couldn't shoot the Savage at all.

The recoil of the .32 in the heavier gun is just a lot easier to manage. But the fine iron sights are another story. I did okay with them, and so shot the pistol better than the P365's (which, I have a lot more rounds on the P365's recently). My Daughter, with her young eagle eyes made even better use of the fine sights. My Wife, basically couldn't even see the sights and just had fun blasting away with the mild little bugger.

Pretty meaningless. But kind of interesting. A 120 year old pocket pistol competed pretty darn well against the new ones.

My old P38 on the other hand. It just sucks...

- DAA

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
This is an interesting video

Short version: Carry a pink gun, so no one can falsely claim you pointed it at them. Unless they can identify a pink gun, they lied.

Paul Harrell (RIP) said to keep grandpa's shot gun next to the bed instead of your tricked out AR-15. So if anything ever does happen, you don't look like you spent your life waiting for that moment. It looks better in court to prove self defense if you weren't excited for it to happen.