lake mountain single track?

zukijames

I've been riding it a little bit and really enjoying riding single track a little faster than what im used to up AF canyon. Although my xr suspension doesn't love all the whoops, and neither does my fat body. Getting better though

Anyone else ride out that and have any cool loops / trails they suggest?

heres a Video of the area ( not me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAM9jPQYoSA

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So is it just on the south side of Lake Mountain? At the beginning I thought you were out on the Israel canyon road but then it skipped and it looked like the riding was mainly to the south after you've dropped off the communication road. Or is it utilizing the road under the power lines for part of the loop?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
There are quite a few trails out there. I don't know exactly what loops they make, or what specifics you want.. but I have found that the more I ride there, the more I find. I usually park at the corral and ride west or north for the better trails.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I really need a bike... :hickey:

I haven't been around that South end a lot, usually I go up to the towers and then down the other side, there's a lot of trails that go all over out by Eagle Mountain that would be great to explore.

Cascadia

Undecided
I usually ride out there once a week. I've yet to find whoops so maybe our definition of whoops is different. There are tons of loops out there. I have a few figure 8's that are 30 miles. Couple single loops that are 20 miles, and a few others I haven't recorded. It's where I ride for my fast paced technical single track.

Cascadia

Undecided
Most single tracks end about 5 miles south. Trails aren't completed yet because they dead end into private property and dirt roads. Negotiations are being made. ;)

zukijames

Most single tracks end about 5 miles south. Trails aren't completed yet because they dead end into private property and dirt roads. Negotiations are being made. ;)

Awesome.

so the stuff I'm riding is legal?

it looks like alot of people just go where every they want and are tearin the whole place up. Like in the video they clearly are not on a trail dropping off that ledge

Caleb

I've been riding that single track out there for many years. Infact I was riding it before the racers started expanding it. I remember riding it probably three years ago with some of the racer guys that had been working on it, they swore me to secrecy but we're soon let down when I told them I had been riding it for a couple years prior to that but in the other direction. There is now a lot of newer stuff, it used to be you could get 10-15 miles per loop, but as mentioned you can now get upwards of 30ish per loop now depending on the loop you take. I'm pretty sure I have several GPS tracks posted from probably 4-5 years ago you can probably find on here.

My biggest issue now is nearly every time I ride out there now, I end up getting shot at. Bullets whizzing by isn't my idea of fun. So be careful. I now only use that area during the time AFC and the other canyons are closed for the season and I want to get a quick ride in.

rholbrook

I always unload at Eagle Mountain and head south from there just to add some miles to the ride. The best part for me are the loops south west of Soldier Pass Road I like riding those loops