Lakeside this weekend 1/21-1/22

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
MattL said:
Id go.. but very stock toy.
I think that would probably be ok? I think the ground out there is fairly flat, but muddy. The mud might be your demise.... And if I were to get stuck, we'd be SOL. Maybe someone else will want to come and we'll have at least two capable rigs.

Caleb

when you say lakeside you are talking west side of the GSL right??? What do you want to know, I know that area very well. A word of caution, stay off the bombing range or you will get your vehicles impounded :D Not a whole lot out there but dirt roads, even a stock car could drive 99% of the stuff, unless you are trying to drive out on the flats, then there isn't a full-sized vehicle that could make it and I'll garantee you'll end up with a burnt up winch :p

Caleb

also, most of the area out there is private property, with HUGE fines for violators. Some of it is church property the rest of it is either MagCorp or gov. property.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Not necessarily... There are a lot of cool things to look at in the west desert and I need to get out there sometime and look around. I definately don't want to trespass and I'm not looking for a killer new 5 rated trail. Just want to go out west and look around.

MattL

Wayne,
are you talking about the road ut-30 up by park valley and rosette and drops out on the other side of the nevada border by oasis and wendover?

i have always wanted to drive that road and check it out.

I have heard various warnings about staying off the bombing property. Hopefully it is pretty well marked. I was talking to my brother about that just yesterday as a matter of fact.

--Matt

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Cant go this weekend after all...Maybe next weekend?

I wasn't referring to any are in particular, just the west desert in general. but that road does sound fun! Sometime :)