Official Land Access Petition needs your help!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I tried to make the U4 the beneficiary of any donated funds... but i think they need to have a facebook page to ba eble to be the beneficiary.. Tacoma's going to inquire as whether there can be a U4 facebook page made.. Either way it's a good idea to do so.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SUWA has their own pro-RRWB petition that they will present to Congress with all it's signatures. Their petition is opened to the end of the year, but I don't know when they plan on presenting their petition.

I would like to see USA-ALL or the U4WDA present our petition with signatures, right after SUWA presents theirs. I'd hope that we can beat them with signatures, just to show Congress that the RRWB is not a good thing and there are more people out there that are against it, than for it.

I've followed the RRWB petitions over the years, IMO it would be almost futile to try and beat them in the numbers, it is absolutely never going to happen with a low scale effort. Wish it were not the case but that is the sad reality given. They have an international support base, millions of dollars and far less apathetic users and most importantly a 10+ year headstart. While dim and discouraging I would bet we would be able to summon less than 10% of their numbers. That;s not to say its not worth trying, however if your going to put this out there, there needs to be a firm game plan in play, Facebook nets only ~18% of automotive enthusiasts (SEMA recently released a study on this). If its going to be done at all, it needs to be done right... 300 names on a petition is going to hurt the cause imo.

I think the best defeat of AWRA would be in the form of a parallel wilderness bill, one that covers the majority of the current version of the RRWB without the losses that the current bill imposes. Ie cherry-stemming of all routes, provisions for future routes and limiting the total number of acres logistically manageable. Its going to take a ton of effort, volunteers and money to do... 3 things the land use battle doesn't have in Utah.

Hate to be so dim but there are far bigger "fish to fry" than trying to defeat the RRWB here in Utah when it comes to our public lands. We still don't have anyone working with the SL BLM office in regards to their upcoming RMP... and defeating all the Wilderness proposals in Utah isn't going to save trails like Constrictor, etc. These RMP's are 100x's more important imo than the RRWB at this time and we can't even begin to handle those (Price and Vernal for Example).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I tried to make the U4 the beneficiary of any donated funds... but i think they need to have a facebook page to ba eble to be the beneficiary.. Tacoma's going to inquire as whether there can be a U4 facebook page made.. Either way it's a good idea to do so.

Jason, I guess you missed my solicitation for a "game plan". ;)

Where do you plan to take it from here? Do you have plans to take this to a state senator? Any plans to move this past the limited membership of Facebook? Usa-All, U4WDA, BRC on board with this? If your going to do it, do it right, anything else hurts the cause imo. Kudos for taking the time to set this all up[/B, its aboslutely a step in the right direction. I would recommend you spend some time working on your Facebook statement, its got the same propaganda and misleading hype that turns so many off of a SUWA'esque page.

Again, I want to make it clear I am not a supporter of the RRWB, its full of faulty inventories, far over-reaching acreage and limiting factors for future growth and resource needs both human and environmental. But if its done, it needs to be done right.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Jason, I guess you missed my solicitation for a "game plan". ;)

Where do you plan to take it from here? Do you have plans to take this to a state senator? Any plans to move this past the limited membership of Facebook? Usa-All, U4WDA, BRC on board with this? If your going to do it, do it right, anything else hurts the cause imo. Kudos for taking the time to set this all up[/B, its aboslutely a step in the right direction. I would recommend you spend some time working on your Facebook statement, its got the same propaganda and misleading hype that turns so many off of a SUWA'esque page.

Again, I want to make it clear I am not a supporter of the RRWB, its full of faulty inventories, far over-reaching acreage and limiting factors for future growth and resource needs both human and environmental. But if its done, it needs to be done right.

To be honest, no i have no plan. I made the cause merely to counter act the pro RRWB friends i have..

It would be cool to see it make some type of impact, but I don't exactly know what to do at this point.. I've not talked to USA-ALL or U4 about this... yet.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I think this is a great cause to join. If for no other reason than to spread the word across the facebook community. Will it stop SUWA from getting the bill passed? It can't hurt. It WILL help raise awareness about what SUWA is trying to do and hopefully gain new supporters from the facebook community.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Jason, Thanks for getting this going.

ARRWA would absolutely destroy us here in the Kanab area. Some of the areas they consider wilderness are ridiculous.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Question.. Should this remain 100% about the RRWB? Or should I change the 'cause' slightly to better suit being a channel for updates on land use issues/action items in Utah such as, RRWB, Canaan MTN and so on..

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Bump.. Up to 230 peeps in less than 48hrs.. not bad.. not bad.. Let's get this up into the 10's of thousands

Paudrhound

Done, it was sent to Jason Chaffetz, so I also went to his facebook site and sent him a message to oppose it.