Last 400+ yds of Helldorado

Olaf

Supporting Member
I spoke to Katie at the BLM office yesterday regarding the last part of Helldorado which is on BLM land. She was very friendly in helping me understand the process. They will be doing an environmental assessment(E.A.) to determine whether it should be designated. They're not sure if it will completed before Jeep Safari. The manager wanted to separate the Coyote Cyn decision instead of putting these two on the same document to avoid increased dissension. There was also mention about leaving some time between E.A.s. I can see how this might be a benefit to us.

It's good possibility that it becomes designated because the only neighbors are the BLM and AreaBFE. I will be looking for an alternative route when I get back out AreaBFE as a back up plan.

Let's keep our eyes and ears open but our heads low on this one!:bryson:

Last edited:

Olaf

Supporting Member
Interesting, so is it correct to assume that this is the end of the trail after the waterfall?

The trail travels east then turns south and finally west at the waterfall. The boundary is about where the trail turns south so it's the last 400+yds before you get to the waterfall. The waterfall is actually on BLM land.

We're going with things as they have been until they decide about the designation.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The trail travels east then turns south and finally west at the waterfall. The boundary is about where the trail turns south so it's the last 400+yds before you get to the waterfall. The waterfall is actually on BLM land.

We're going with things as they have been until they decide about the designation.

Thanks for the info. Let us know what we can do to help.

zukijames

this makes me sick i hope we can work something out i really would like to try the waterfall atleast once with my new buggy(and its not going to be done for awhile)