leaning jeep

So i have a 97 tj, that leans to the passenger side pretty bad. i notice most of the tj's i've seen do this slightly, but mine is pretty bad. anyone know why it does this? i have replaced the coils, axle, track bar, control arms, but to no avail, still leans.

Mope

You need to put on some weight so you can even it out!

Sorry I can't help ya. I've kind of noticed that as well with the ones I've seen. I'm sure someone here has the answer your looking for.

Erik d_lux

If my buggy had the same rate coils from side to side it would lean HARD. Different amount of weight on one side should mean different rate coils on one side.

Marshall

Was That a U-Joint?
I have had that problem on both XJs and TJs. The best answer I have heard is that the torque from the engine produces more stress on the rear passenger corner than the driver corner. I have heard some people talk about putting a different rate coil spring on that corner, and that that fixes the TJs tendancy to pick up the front driver tire as well. I personally have just gone to the trouble of switching the rear springs about every 3 months to even out the stress. :greg:

JackKeslerCustoms

I have had that problem on both XJs and TJs. The best answer I have heard is that the torque from the engine produces more stress on the rear passenger corner than the driver corner. I have heard some people talk about putting a different rate coil spring on that corner, and that that fixes the TJs tendancy to pick up the front driver tire as well. I personally have just gone to the trouble of switching the rear springs about every 3 months to even out the stress. :greg:

X2. I actually had pretty good luck with adjustable shocks on the rear, setting the passenger side stiffer that the drivers side to even it out under acceleration. I think I cut mine up before it started leaning (at a stop), but I noticed it leaning when I accelerated right after I bought it, and ran the pro comp mx-6's.