LED Turn Signal timing

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, so I built a new rear bumper last year and I used LED taillights. They look great, but since they draw so much less power, they blink REALLY fast. So, does anyone know how to fix this?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Ok, so I built a new rear bumper last year and I used LED taillights. They look great, but since they draw so much less power, they blink REALLY fast. So, does anyone know how to fix this?

I do, $65 (to your door) for a modified new one from me... :D

TRAILRIDER12

OLD JEEP NEW PARTS
Normally Less Resistance Makes The Flasher Flash Slower, If The Flash Is Real Fast You May Have A Slight Pinch In Wire Insulation Or A Slight Short, If You Can't Find Anything Try A Truck Stop They Have A Motorized Flasher That Flashes Correctly With Any Load

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
You've got one for a Samurai that will reduce the speed of the signals?

Oh, Sami, ummm... I don't know WHY I assumed that you had a Jeep!:shawn:

These should work though, but it wouldn't be an OEM swap, unless the Sami uses the same flasher? These are 5 pin and you could probably hook it up with some connecters and such. Picking up some 5 ohm resistors from your local Radio Shack, like Dave suggested, might be easier (and cheaper)though. Simply splicing them inline with the light should be sufficient to cure what ales you.

78mitsu

you could add a pot in paralell to the bulb, then dial up the speed you want measure the resistance, then get the resistor you need.

Lifelong Jeeper

Normally Less Resistance Makes The Flasher Flash Slower, If The Flash Is Real Fast You May Have A Slight Pinch In Wire Insulation Or A Slight Short, If You Can't Find Anything Try A Truck Stop They Have A Motorized Flasher That Flashes Correctly With Any Load

The reason it flashes faster is because the LED lights draw less power than the OEM bulb. The way new vehicles work is if you have a bulb out it will blink faster to notify you that you need to change a bulb. With the LED's drawing less power the vehicle thinks it has a bulb out ergo flashes quicker. I believe that you need to just get a different flasher relay in your fuse box but I don't know which one.

KHalls

Extendurai
Grote LED flasher # 44892 supposedly fits and cures this. If you can find one let me know where so I can get one and try it on mine.

snake

SNAKE
call six states they have resistors you can wire in to the light to solve this problem my friend had this problem and that is how he solved it.

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
Checker, and auto zone carry a fix for this too. I also put L.E.D tails and turns on my sami bumper. It about ten for both sides. Just four splices and poof. In checkers its in the rice rocket sections. Up in the right hand corner. Really easy. Oh I tried the grote flasher with no luck. I also have a buddy who works at fleet lite. 17th s Redwood. Great place.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
you could add a pot in paralell to the bulb, then dial up the speed you want measure the resistance, then get the resistor you need.

I agree, this is the best, and probably the coolest solution. I had the same problem and just wired in a couple of normal bulbs inside the front grill, the do flash faster than normal, but I kinda prefer the added visibility.

Another cool mod that I did, use a trailer light converter and get rid of the amber lights on the back, works like a champ!