Let's talk about the Bull Hollow race June 7th

Cascadia

Undecided
I wouldn't mind leaving around noon or 1 from Orem. Not sure it will happen though. After my boys nap we would get there to setup in the dark. If we leave for his nap at 1 he'll sleep in the truck on the drive. Or maybe I'll just out him in the pack and play in the trailer for the drive down. ;)

rholbrook

I wouldn't mind leaving around noon or 1 from Orem. Not sure it will happen though. After my boys nap we would get there to setup in the dark. If we leave for his nap at 1 he'll sleep in the truck on the drive. Or maybe I'll just out him in the pack and play in the trailer for the drive down. ;)
Let your boy take a nap in the trailer while you are driving. When he wakes up he can take a bath by himself since he already knows how to. That way when you get there he will be all ready to go. :)

Cascadia

Undecided
Packing now. Just went and bought some "green grass" for the front of our trailer to keep more dirt out and so my boy can play a little cleaner.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I had a nearly flawless year last for bike issues, but this year is proving to be a challenge. I got a rear flat with an ultra heavy duty tube half way through the 3rd loop. At the time of the flat I had just moved into the top 10 overall. Luckily I had my spare wheel sitting in the pit and they had me changed and back on the course in 2 minutes and I did not lose any more spots than what I lost on the course running the flat. When it was all said and done, I think I ended up 13th overall and first in my class.

Stratton.....lets see the finish line picture you said you got.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm always impressed with Paul's put crew. They do things in minutes that would take me a weekend.

This was such a different race than the others. Such a blast but different. The novice only had 4 loops of 8 miles and a lap of track per loop. I've never done track so the first lap I rolled most of the jumps. But on the next 3 loops I was warmed up and adrenaline going. It was fun to clear table tops and come inches from clearing a huge step up. In my book, I cleared it. I ended up third in my class after being stuck behind a slower rider on the first loop for half the loop. Looking at my lap times, it slowed me down by more than 2 minutes. All in all an awesome weekend.

After the drive home I think I've decided to persue a different truck for pulling my camper. I averaged 7.3 mpg over 550 miles. It had no problem keeping speed over Soldiers Summit or anywhere else, but it was running at 4300 rpm nearly the entire time home even on downhills. Except for Soldiers Summit. That makes for an expensive weekend.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
After the drive home I think I've decided to persue a different truck for pulling my camper. I averaged 7.3 mpg over 550 miles. It had no problem keeping speed over Soldiers Summit or anywhere else, but it was running at 4300 rpm nearly the entire time home even on downhills. Except for Soldiers Summit. That makes for an expensive weekend.

I get better than that towing that pig of a trailer I have. With how light your trailer is you should get a lot better than that with a diesel.

Cascadia

Undecided
I know there was a crazy headwind. But my truck should never be running 4300 rpm in third gear going 70 downhill. I've wanted a diesel for a while. Yesterday's trip home convinced the wife and I didn't have to say a thing. She just said what's wrong with your truck? Whys it so loud and struggling? I just said it's not a diesel. She said, I don't want to but maybe it's time to look. ;)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
It was a knarly head wind on the way home, My powerstroke struggle a little with my big trailer and three bikes, but I got 10mpg and never felt like I was abusing my truck.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I had a great time. Had some bike struggles. I was faster than most of my class, but then the bike would randomly stall coming off throttle. I think we fixed it after the race but it caused my times to really suffer. I counted almost 25 random stalls during the race. Frustrating to say the least. I'll look at video and pics tonight.

Last edited: