Jeep Lets talk Grand Cherokees's for a minute

Caleb

My wife and I had an 07 Grand. Of all my vehicles I've had, it had to have been my least favorite. Underpowered (4.7L), terrible visibility, and ugly (It's what the wife wanted, and she gets what she wants :D). We leased it and when we turned it in, we could have picked it up for next to nothing (it was during the time that Jeep was just about gonzo) but I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. I'd look at the earlier years (I think it would be the WJ years). I think they look way better and are way more "wheeler" friendly.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
This rig will be far from a wheeler. I'm talking 99% road driven. So the IFS will be much nicer. And when it does go off road, it wont see much of anything.

If I moved away from the Jeeps (heaven forbid) what would be the next best option. Bottom line is that I need to stay at or below $20k and I would like under 50k miles. And it must have a big enough back seat for a baby seat and two booster seats. I don't care much for a third row.

Caleb

This rig will be far from a wheeler. I'm talking 99% road driven. So the IFS will be much nicer. And when it does go off road, it wont see much of anything.

If I moved away from the Jeeps (heaven forbid) what would be the next best option. Bottom line is that I need to stay at or below $20k and I would like under 50k miles. And it must have a big enough back seat for a baby seat and two booster seats. I don't care much for a third row.
I don't know if you can stay within your budget with it, but my wife really loves her LR3...and according to the salesman at the dealership, they can out-wheel any vehicle. :p

Corban_White

toyota-4runner-6.jpg

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I have to retract a previous statement, MY DAD HAS NOT HAD ANY ISSUE'S WITH HIS 07, except for a wheel speed sensor. I was confused, the issues he had were on an 03 Lemon WJ they bought.

Dominic

Zj's and Wj's are just like any other Jeep, they are good if you throw enough money into them. However they are probably very different beasts compared to the newer grands. However the WK's are getting enough aftermarket support that you could damn near build them to do whatever you need. A guy from the Grand Cherokee Nerd Entourage showed up with this at Grand Slam West last year, pretty Jeep. I like that you can find them with a diesel.

Attachments

• P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: