Northern Utah Let's try this again... ...anyone have some time this week to show me a trail or two?

Troop92

Running Skyline from Farmington side over to Bountiful, tomorrow Friday, Oct 11th. Hit trailhead about 11am, depending on when I get my rig back. Will probably play around by the B too.

Hi guys. Back from Maine, father-in-law stable. I've run through the list of house projects, and now I'm going crazy. Gotta make the best of the shutdown, and what better venue than wheeling? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much open any time, so long as the Gov remains in shutdown.

Cold sodas/water on me.

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Hey, I'd be willing to head out in November sometime with you. I have not idea where most trails are. But i have plenty of support equipment and am willing to go out.

Send me your name and phone number in a PM and i'll do likewise

i bought at house at 3347 N. 1150 E. Layton UT

SpassHasser

I'd be down to get out.. don't really know anything around here except 5 mile pass (Tooele area). I'm slow with the shutdown as well, though I have been using the time to get some extra wrench turning done on the Zu.

Troop92

I don't mind driving somewhere to wheel. Never done AF Canyon. I started Old Ward once but backed out a bit in, as I was without a buddy.

I'm less a Moab guy and more a Hardware Ranch guy, but I'll try anything. Not afraid of wet/snow - though I don't have a winch. I'm free days, 7am-6pm. I'd like to be home when wifey is. :)

ZUKEYPR

I don't mind driving somewhere to wheel. Never done AF Canyon. I started Old Ward once but backed out a bit in, as I was without a buddy.

I'm less a Moab guy and more a Hardware Ranch guy, but I'll try anything. Not afraid of wet/snow - though I don't have a winch. I'm free days, 7am-6pm. I'd like to be home when wifey is. :)

You're going to exclude yourself from probably better than 95% of the trails if you want to be home at night. Most trails are at least an overnighter, at least in Utah.

Troop92

I'm not AGAINST an overnight. Wife has been in Maine with her ailing father, so I don't want to stray too far from home. Not yet anyway.

Hardware/Mt Logan/Lone Rock/West Desert/Squaw Peak Road are my hangouts that I know. Looking to explore, but those are standbys.

monsteryota

Lil Moab is fun. I just got my runner running finally after battling with motors for two months also 5 mile is good hit me up 801450 one 283 and we can make a plan

SpassHasser

Let me know if you get something sorted, I'll see if I can't make it out as well -- Haven't taken my trooper out yet (just got her).

Troop92

I'm free Wednesday-Friday anytime after 7am to 6pm. That's a big window to meet and do a trail or two. Any ideas on were we want to go?

SpassHasser

Friday would be the best day for me (if the new shocks get here and are on by then). As to where... I really don't know. I only really know of out by Alpine highway (think it might all be blocked off), up on the benches in bountiful (never been just see some 4x4 traffic out there when flying), and 5 mile which is a bit farther than I want to go for a little trail run on a Friday -- plus I see plenty of that area during the winter when chasing wiley.

Troop92

Just dropped my Trooper at the shop - toasted a ball joint... They claim I'll have it back tomorrow.

Friday works best for me too. I was just thinking Skyline Drive via Farmington Canyon over to Bountiful, then mess around up by the B. With the rain/snow tomorrow, could be fun.

Troop92

Will be running Skyline from Farmington Canyon over to Bountiful tomorrow, Friday October 11th. I get my rig back from the shop tomorrow, most likely hit the trailhead about 11am if all goes well. Will most likely play around by the B too.

Troop92

Meet on 100 N in Farmington where it becomes Farmington Canyon Rd/Skyline Drive. There's a dirt lot on the right. Timing will depend on when I get my rig back from the shop, they've promised 10am, but..... I'll post up with specifics tomorrow, but let's say 11am and I'll ammend that if needed tomorrow morning.

Not expecting anything too wild tomorrow, just have to get out. I'm going stir crazy with the shutdown.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'll see if I can make it, busy day tomorrow but I would enjoy a drive through the mountains

Troop92

So far just a buddy and myself in my Trooper. Shouldn't be too bad, the snow should be melty/slushy, if still around. By the B could be fun too, the Trooper could use a new color scheme.