Lighten the mood

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
img_7269-jpeg.134159

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Just something I ran across today... Tomorrow is 9000 days since Y2k.

View attachment 175733
I was a junior in High School for Y2K, and it was the talk of the school for sure. I remember people leaving for Christmas break and saying things like, "I'll see you next year, if the world doesn't explode!" And hearing about families who had stockpiled food and water.

I think that NYE I drove around launching bottle rockets out of my friends car rather than being concerned that the banking system and water purification plants were all going to crash. (Being a computer nerd with access to the internet, I already knew the Y2K scare was nothing to be seriously concerned about.)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was a junior in High School for Y2K, and it was the talk of the school for sure. I remember people leaving for Christmas break and saying things like, "I'll see you next year, if the world doesn't explode!" And hearing about families who had stockpiled food and water.

I think that NYE I drove around launching bottle rockets out of my friends car rather than being concerned that the banking system and water purification plants were all going to crash. (Being a computer nerd with access to the internet, I already knew the Y2K scare was nothing to be seriously concerned about.)
Y2K was one of my earliest realizations that the media can and absolutely will overdramatize the most idiotic ideas for the sake of ratings.