Like sand dunes?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Spent the last 4 days crossing the sand dunes of the Namib Desert along the Skeleton Coast of Namibia (Southern Africa). The dunes are some of the tallest and most remote in the world and vehicle failure can result in you abandoning your vehicles for good, recovery would be near impossible. My buddy and travel companion Bruce Dorn snapped this shot with his phone:

Bruce_Dorn.jpg

Bruce summed up the image quite nicely so bear with me quoting him:

"We've just completed 475 kilometers of Heroic-scale Namibian dunes and hazardous Skeleton Coast shoreline - the first American team to run this challenging route that began at Sosouvlei and ended at Walvusbaai.

We've seen majestic Gemsbok cruising across the dunes, steam era shipwrecks rusting away much too far from the shore, and human skulls half-buried in the Garnet-strewn beach sands.

Amazing. "

Full trip report coming when the adventure is over :cool:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Kurt, you have such a boring life. Ever thought about taking up a hobby or something?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A few more Skeleton Coast/Namib Desert teaser shots:

IMG_2783 (Medium).JPG
Group shot at the wreck of the Eduard Bohlen

IMG_2730 (Medium).jpg
Machinery & building remnants at the Grillenberger, a diamond mine ghost town deep along the Skeleton Coast

IMG_2723 (Medium).JPG
Mars like environment with a brutal windstorm, erasing tracks in the sand in just seconds.