Jeep LJ (yes, Unlimited TJ) questions

pkrfctr

Loved the Unlimited and wish I could have built it the way I wanted it. Nate who is N8R??? has the perfect Unlimited and I don't think I'd be satisfied until I'd built one close to that. The only draw back for me was the long overhang on the back, thus stretching the wheelbase and gas tanks mods would have been first in line.

the problem with stretching is now your breakover would suck. I have thought about a stretch a lot(hate the overhang) but don't hink it would be worth it due to the breakover. maybe im wrong, or over thinking it-anybody know of someone who has stretched one?

N8RB8R

the problem with stretching is now your breakover would suck. I have thought about a stretch a lot(hate the overhang) but don't hink it would be worth it due to the breakover. maybe im wrong, or over thinking it-anybody know of someone who has stretched one?
Mine is stretched, tons of pics in the members rides section on this site. Also there are detailed pics of the stretch there and I don't live far from you, you could come see it anytime. This pic is with the rear end pushed back 5" Modified and installed Gen Right stretch corners and High flare. With the 40" tires I don't seem to have a huge breakover problem;)!

Attachments

• New Jeep pictures 001.jpg
    New Jeep pictures 001.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 23

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Mine is stretched, tons of pics in the members rides section on this site. Also there are detailed pics of the stretch there and I don't live far from you, you could come see it anytime. This pic is with the rear end pushed back 5" Modified and installed Gen Right stretch corners and High flare. With the 40" tires I don't seem to have a huge breakover problem;)!

LOVE that one. What axles are you running?

pkrfctr--LOVE yours as well. Yours is what got me thinking about one again. You had your wife, kid, you and your bro in there.

I could stretch mine. (thanks for bringing that up Neagle.....I'll be up to your place when I'm ready to cut/stretch it to Scrambler top length :D) I wonder if I added a Detroit to the rear rather than the spool if I'd like it that much more?

Bart

I'm not that worried about breakover, otherwise I wouldn't have wanted a 104" wheelbase YJ with 2" of lift and 37" tires. Would much rather be low and wide than tall and narrow.

Attachments

• YJmed.jpg
    YJmed.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 15

Grim

i love my LJ , ive owned just about every jeep made , i do not plan on getting rid of my LJ any time soon

eatrocks

mine is an 05 with 5 inches of mutt lift running 33s and the stock axels. I ran the Maze this last weekend 2 times. The first 119k miles i had the I6 4L and found that for the most part it was lacking power. I know have just over 2K on the new to the jeep 5.3 nad have all the power I need. Plus got 26 mpg coming back from the winter run.

Had an 03 rubicon that was always packed with the family. The LJ has the room to camp out of and more. Going over the posts on this I wonder were an 03 LJ came from. Yes replacing the skid plate is a must. the extra inches in the back just are not a big deal at all.

pkrfctr

mine is an 05 with 5 inches of mutt lift running 33s and the stock axels. I ran the Maze this last weekend 2 times. The first 119k miles i had the I6 4L and found that for the most part it was lacking power. I know have just over 2K on the new to the jeep 5.3 nad have all the power I need. Plus got 26 mpg coming back from the winter run.

Had an 03 rubicon that was always packed with the family. The LJ has the room to camp out of and more. Going over the posts on this I wonder were an 03 LJ came from. Yes replacing the skid plate is a must. the extra inches in the back just are not a big deal at all.

the stretched 03 was a tj not an lj.

Houndoc

I have ridden with a friend in his, and was surprised at the comfort of the back seat. For the kids, obviously 4 doors are easier to get in and out of, but it wasn't bad.

If it could seat 5, I would love to have one.

eatrocks

right after we got the LJ we added a 3rd seatbelt in the center(have twins) with a car seat to eather side, with out the wheel house in the way the 9 year old can set in the middel very well

Houndoc

right after we got the LJ we added a 3rd seatbelt in the center(have twins) with a car seat to eather side, with out the wheel house in the way the 9 year old can set in the middel very well

That surprises me that they would fit...car seats take up a lot of room for the size of kids they hold!

aRedRocker

Designated Texican
After wheeling an 86 CJ for 24 years, I love my 06 LJ, not a lot of mods, but does what I want to do.
DSCN3368.jpg

eatrocks

LJ back seat

That surprises me that they would fit...car seats take up a lot of room for the size of kids they hold!

The back seat is moved back 5 inches but the wheel houses is back 10 so there is alot more room. And lots of room behind the seat as well.