General Tech Looking for experienced Fabrication Shop

kake

Hey everyone, its been years since I have posted...busy with life; didn't have time or money for the rock crawling hobby for awhile. Now, I have money and no time. I am looking for an all-rounded/experienced fab shop to finish my FJ40 project. Things needed:

Custom suspension work (4 linking--mostly complete)
Wiring experience (painless wiring harness & TBI installed on Chev 350)
Body work & roll cage
Drive train knowledge (retro fiting FJ80 front end in front/spider 9 in rear)
Hydraulic assist knowledge (ported saginaw box)
I intend it to be street legal (or close) & good driveablility in the end

It seems most of the shops I grew up with in the rock crawling sceen have gone under. I have found a few shops that are good at one or two of the things I listed, but not one who is totally comfortable with all.

I would appreciate any leads or references. Shops I have checked with up north because I live in Kaysville are:

Trail Ridge (seem good with basic fab & body work, but new & unproven)
Skys Extreme (out to July and busy with govt projects)
Sand Works (I have worked with Rich on my SXS and he does good work. He just hasn't delved into the 4x4 stuff much)
Fat Bobs (I have heard is mostly bolt on/resto stuff. I think they could definately tackle the motor & wiring)

kake

Thanks for the replies. Doug (dugfab) I heard just had a new baby and may be a little busy with that currently, but he is definately not out of the question. I will look into Sexton.

kake

Cruiser Pic.jpg

Here is an update of where its at. Dusty is doing a great job. I can't wait to get it back. Although I feel guilty for not finishing it myself, his shop is simply more capable, experienced, and have the tools to make it a more custom & a cleaner car in the end.
I am going to post an add in the classifieds listing some of my leftovers from the build. Let me know if you guys are interested via PM.

Bart

I see it every time I'm up there. I was wondering who owned it. I'm sure Dusty is as excited to get it completed and delivered as you are. Very cool rig.

kake

I see it every time I'm up there. I was wondering who owned it. I'm sure Dusty is as excited to get it completed and delivered as you are. Very cool rig.

Next time take a picture for me would ya?

Dusty keeps promising to send me stuff, but I haven't received a picture from their end in over a year. I know he is disappointed in the progress that has (or hasn't) been made. Only he can answer to that one.

I hope to get up there soon and check in on it.