Lost my wife's cellphone...

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
It might have been left on the roof of my Jeep, but it is gone regardless. It is still working, but I don't know how much battery life is left. I downloaded a couple different find your phone apps. Only one seems to work. But it gives a pretty broad area to look at (yes, along the highway somewhere), but I can't find any way for an app to let me see how far away my phone is from it. I know this can get touchy, but if someone has a really good method, hit me in a PM... I would like to find it, even if its damaged. Verizon can lock it and erase it if I need to. But I like the challenge...

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Its a Samsung Note 4. I liked hers enough, I replaced my S4 with one. I had never seen this Android Device manager. Awesome. I'll mess with this for a bit and then go looking for that phone in the morning. Thanks.

Edit. I turned on my old S4, and the Device manager even found it, on my wifi net. Interesting.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I don't know that it'll help find the lost phone but for future reference I use an app called Cerberus. It has good gps tracking and can alert when an unregistered SIM is installed. There are a slew of other features as well that make it worth the price. I've also got a Note 4 and absolutely love it. I hope you find the lost one in good condition.

Another thing you can check is Google Location History. Log into it with the email address your wife uses on her phone and it should get you pretty close. At least it will show you where it was last pinged.

Good luck.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Nope. Location was turned off, so google couldn't find it. I used another app, that I'm not sure was accurate. I walked both sides of the highway where that app said it was, a couple hundred feet each direction. A bright pink with white polka dot case should have been easy to see. When I tried to call it earlier today it went to voicemail. So the battery is dead. I sent commands to erase and lock it, if it is found and gets turned. It will also display my phone number to call. Anroid Device Manager is really neat, if the phone you are looking for has the location services turned on. Replacement phone will be here tomorrow. Thanks.