Machinist in Utah County?

The_Lobbster

I need some custom cups machined for press in bushings. Anybody know if there’s anybody in Utah county or close by that can do this?

The_Lobbster

Unfortunately, machine availability would keep me from getting anything done currently. However, if you don’t mind posting up a quick drawing of the part(s) and dimensions, I’ll see if someone else could get ya taken care of.
Sweet!

I’ll draw up a quick sketch!

The_Lobbster

Sweet!

I’ll draw up a quick sketch!
Sorry if my drawing is poor. Basically just a housing for a press in rubber bushing, that is off the wall. I tried looking for Jeep stuff, but found nothing in the correct size.

Material needs to be steel, weldable.

Let me know if you or somebody you know, could do it. Thanks!!

IMG_1271.jpeg

ebryson

Sorry if my drawing is poor. Basically just a housing for a press in rubber bushing, that is off the wall. I tried looking for Jeep stuff, but found nothing in the correct size.

Material needs to be steel, weldable.

Let me know if you or somebody you know, could do it. Thanks!!

View attachment 168637
Whats with this metric stuff???
(I make plenty of metric parts at work)
I'm up in Davis County, but work in Weber, that's something I could do on the manual lathe pretty easily. I can see what's in the "scrap bar ends" at work and make you those if you would like?

The_Lobbster

Whats with this metric stuff???
(I make plenty of metric parts at work)
I'm up in Davis County, but work in Weber, that's something I could do on the manual lathe pretty easily. I can see what's in the "scrap bar ends" at work and make you those if you would like?
I know, metric is bad!

The plan is to build some front extended control arms for my XL7 so that I can widen my track approximately 1.5” as well as push forward 1.5”

I’m confused as to why Suzuki didn’t just make both bushings the same size. My idea though, is I want to be able to use off the shelf bushings that fit perfect without any modification to the frame or crossmember.
If the widths were the same, I would 100% convert to all the same setup.

If you can do this, it would be awesome! My coworker lives in Weber so I could probably have him pick up said parts if you are by chance able to make them.
Thanks a bunch!

I’ll shoot you a message!