Making the move from Verizon to Sprint

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My phone died, so I have to change my Verizon plan to get a new phone, which means losing my unlimited data. It's quite a big jump in price for the share plans, since I use about 17g of data each month.

Who's made the switch? I'm ready to dump the big V.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I did. Be very very careful on your timing, Verizon tagged me for an entire month of service that I didn't use, and then sent me to collections instead of listening to me when I told them they were billing me in error.

Sprint has been great, and I've never noticed any trouble with the speed of their network. My biggest gripe is lack of coverage out in the boonies, but on the flip side they replaced a dead phone battery for me for free, so I've got no complaints overall.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Why not just go on KSL or Craigslist and get another Verison phone. You can add a new phone without having to change plans. If you are trying to get a brand new phone without having to pay full price by going with a new 2 year contract then yes they are going to force you into a new plan that sucks.

From what I have seen Sprint sucks all around SLC.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
why do you have to change plans? I also have unlimited data grandfathered in on verizon, when i got a new phone i didnt have to switch

AaronPaige

Don't know for sure if its still potable but diamond wireless got me and my wife new phones and I got to keep my unlimited... It's been two months ago

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Why not just go on KSL or Craigslist and get another Verison phone. You can add a new phone without having to change plans. If you are trying to get a brand new phone without having to pay full price by going with a new 2 year contract then yes they are going to force you into a new plan that sucks.

From what I have seen Sprint sucks all around SLC.
I'm not interested in used phones. I have plenty of those.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
There are some people that get the phone and then sell it without ever using it. You could always get the phone for full price then add it to your plan.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Don't know for sure if its still potable but diamond wireless got me and my wife new phones and I got to keep my unlimited... It's been two months ago
Thank you for the tip, Diamond Wireless can totally
Do it. You just saved me a bunch of coin and frustration.

sixstringsteve

why do you have to change plans? I also have unlimited data grandfathered in on verizon, when i got a new phone i didnt have to switch

when did you get your new phone? My wife replaced hers about 3 months ago, and they forced her out of the grandfathered plan (we've had unlimited V data for 5+ years). I'm not looking forward to losing my unlimited data.

XJEEPER

We are currently shopping plans. Ill need to add a 4th phone to our family plan and while I get a discount due to a grandfathered Sprint plan, I too am tired of the poor service in Moab, St Goerge.....and at my home in So Ogden. I called CS about my poor local coverage and the gal checked the Sprint network map and informed me that my neighborhood gets it's coverage from a tower in SLC.....40 miles away. Right.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
two words Boost mobile. created by sprint it has the same network no contract unlimited everything for 50 a month and it goes down 5 bucks every 6 on time payments. Ive had it for years love it and wouldnt go any other way. My wife even works for sprint and even with here employee discount she cant get me a better deal!

Caleb

two words Boost mobile. created by sprint it has the same network no contract unlimited everything for 50 a month and it goes down 5 bucks every 6 on time payments. Ive had it for years love it and wouldnt go any other way. My wife even works for sprint and even with here employee discount she cant get me a better deal!

Sounds like a ripoff :). I pay right about $200 a month for 5 phones all with unlimited talk and text and plenty of data.

blznnp

Why would they force you out for a new phone, that's just dumb. I have had the same plan with tmobile for around 10 years an had 5 different phones.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I would follow up on your plan to make sure the unlimited data stayed and they didn't just switch you to a 2/5gb plan. Additionally it's my experience that Diamond Wireless doesn't 'know their stuff' but rather spews whatever can get a sale or cheat the system that screws you over in the long run. But hey...you could get lucky with one. Lol

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would follow up on your plan to make sure the unlimited data stayed and they didn't just switch you to a 2/5gb plan. Additionally it's my experience that Diamond Wireless doesn't 'know their stuff' but rather spews whatever can get a sale or cheat the system that screws you over in the long run. But hey...you could get lucky with one. Lol
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Mine was good, I will definitely go back. I have verified my plan with verizon customer support and the verizon wireless website.